Hey y'all from Austin, Texas, USA

Hello everyone! I’m so excited to be a part of this community and start to participate in discussions here. I learned about this opportunity from a friend who has been living in the UK for the last two years will getting her advanced degree, and I was absolutely ecstatic that it exists. i have already been house and pet sitting for many years, and I’m looking forward to meeting so many interesting people and animals.

5 Likes

Hi Steph
Welcome to THS. It is indeed a fabulous organisation and it’s fun conversing with people on this Forum. Have you joined THS yet? Do you intend staying in the US to travel and housesit or go venture abroad?
Good luck whatever you do. I’ve never been happier in my life since starting to housesit via THS - currently on my 40th sit, 32 in the UK and 8 in New Zealand. I’m off again to New Zealand in November and so far have a sit confirmed over Christmas (via another site) and one in the wings for my arrival!
Sheryl

2 Likes

Hello @oh_steph and welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the community forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad to be here. Can you tell me a little about your experiences?

1 Like

I have joined! Looking for my first sit (with my partner, Matt) right now.

ADMIN NOTICE AL: Post moderated author DM"d

1 Like

As @Smiley said THS really is a fantastic concept, we have so far completed 8 sits and start our 9th later this week. We have cared for some amazing animals ranging from dogs and chickens to horses and pigs and loved every minute of it. We have also now made some new lifelong friends and only very recently met up with one of our previous homeowners, it was great to catch up and have dinner and then we all took the dogs out for a lovely walk afterwards. We also have no commitments both now being retired and can enjoy travelling anywhere in the world at anytime for any length of time and there are so many countries to choose from to sit on THS! … We hope you enjoy THS as much as we do. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You guys look so fun!!! If you’re ever interested in not traveling too far, we have two cats in the DFW area!!

Good luck on all your adventures!!

2 Likes

Hiya and welcome.

1 Like

Thank you! We have fun.

1 Like