Hello from San Francisco to Everyone!

Hi, I’m Max! I live in San Francisco, California, USA, and I love to travel internationally, “live like a local”, make new furry friends, and experience other cultures.

Two months ago, I happened upon Trusted Housesitters, and it has added a whole new dimension to my life. My first two sits were in the English countryside, and I experienced amazing dog walks through fields, forests, and small villages. I’m very grateful to the hosts that entrusted their homes and pets to a new THS member from far away!

My friends and colleagues were surprised that I’d fly to another continent simply to house and pet sit, but I’d say it was totally worth it! Finding back-to-back sits in another country was a bit of a challenge, but figuring that out is part of the fun, as is of course the travel itself. Both gracious homeowners recommended that I arrive the day before their departures, which took the pressure off everyone’s timing and allowed us to share a meal as well.

I’m looking forward to more travel and sits all around the world!

Vesper on my first THS sit. A retired guide dog, he was a dream sit companion.

12 Likes

Welcome! It sounds like you were able to dive right in! And that Golden is just beautiful.

Hola Maxi, gracias por compartir tu experiencia, nos anima a quienes estamos iniciando esta aventura!
Un saludo,

Merce