Hello from Hampshire UK

Hello we are Jennie and Rene and we are new to THS. We live in Hampshire, UK. I used to own and run a dog training business for over 15 years so have lots of experience with dogs including sitting. We have family who have been sitting on THS for many years and they thought we’d love THS too. We also have experience with small animals and fish. We are currently looking for sits in or around Brighton and have our 1st sit booked for September. Excited to start now!

7 Likes

Hello @Jennie and a big welcome to the TrustedHousesitters community! Congrats on getting your first sit and great to see you already have a link to your profile here in the forum. You have so much experience I can’t imagine you’ll have any issue securing plenty of sits! Would love to see a photo of your own rescue pup, Chuck. Lovely that your kids can take care of him while you get to experience a change of scene! Enjoy getting to know other members, and keep an eye out as we are hoping to have a meetup in Brighton later in September if you’re around at that time! All the best, Vanessa and the forum team

Thank you. I’ve just found the meetups section of the forum so I’ll keep an eye out for a Brighton meetup. That would be great. Here’s a photo of my little old man, Chuck on a recent holiday in Scotland.

3 Likes

Welcome @Jennie and good luck with your first housesit, I’m sure you’ll be excellent with all your experience.
Re the meet-ups, you know you can always organise your own!

Hi Jennie & Rene,

Welcome to THS, I’m sure you’ll love it!

Steve & I (Arabella) are from Brighton & Chichester but now live in Scotland. We often return South and are in Henfield now (just north of Brighton) and in Hove in December.

The first sit is always so memorable as it answers all those questions you might have! It’s also the start of a wonderful new hobby/ lifestyle :smiley:.

Best wishes xx

Lucky you living in so many lovely places. It was our 1st visit to Scotland and everywhere seemed so dog friendly. We’ll definitely be back to explore more! We’re only just over the Hampshire border so live quite near Chichester. The city walls is a nice wet weather walk!
Thank you.

Thank you. Oh didn’t know thank you @Smiley. I’ll bear that in mind once I’ve found my feet.

1 Like