House Sit Dates Question

Hi @priceygirl welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining from beautiful Devon. Firstly many sitters prefer longer sits and 20 days is not too long, in fact Devon particularly in late Spring early Summer is a lovely location and popular all year round.

The main reason for the “quietness” around your listing could well be the length of lead time there are almost three months before your start date and in our post COVID world where there is still a lot of travel uncertainty for many, sitters are leaving making plans until closer to the dates.

I would not be concerned about this, sitters come from all walks of life, time rich retirees, sitters who can work from home as many companies have gone remote first and those who are sitting full time, owners really are not limited to those sitters who only have limited travel times.

I know it’s preferable to have plans in place and confirmed however I would not be too concerned as you do have plenty of time and you can continue to do proactive outreach you can also add your listing link into your forum profile that way members will be able to view your lovely home, kitties, desirable location and previous sitter’s feedback.

This link will explain how you can do this. How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile

I hope that helps and I’m sure there will be more help and advice from forum members too.

Welcome again.

Angela and the Team

2 Likes