Relying on house sitting while traveling to Europe

Hello @kellyoldroyd and welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of petsitting with some of the most amazing furballs in the World.

I see that you are new to petsitting, so I would suggest you try to get some local sits under your belt before heading out to Europe. This will give you some experience in what is expected and in turn, get you the reviews you need to become successful. One of the best ways is to locate a local “last minute sit” where pet parents are needing someone right away. The secret (or not so secret) is to do the very best job you can by first, taking care of their pets (which is why we are all here anyways), and second, taking care of their home and following their Welcome Guide filled with responsibilities. Great reviews make you much more desirable!

Next, I would suggest you link your member profile to your forum profile here at How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile - Owner & Sitter Exchange - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum. This will give you added exposure to our seasoned members who can give you valuable feedback on your profile and help you make the most of your membership.

It might be difficult to find very long stays at first so be prepared to accept shorter sits and know you will need to make sure you can afford the cost of hotels, hostels, AirBnB’s, etc. With hard work and diligence you will grow your sits and find it all so valuable.

Good Luck!

3 Likes