Any advice on selecting sitters?

Hello @Pgeiger

I would like to wish you not only a warm welcome to TrustedHousesitters, but to the community forum as well. Here you can connect with experienced members who can help answer any questions that you may have. You can also search using the ‘spyglass’ and find previously discussed topics.

What can be really helpful as new members is to add the link to your TrustedHousesitters listing to your forum profile. That way other members can view your listing and offer any helpful tips and advice. Please see the link on how to add that to your profile:

I am so pleased to hear that you have received applicants for your sit already! That is great news.
In my experience it is a good idea to set up a video call with your preferred applicant/s and get the opportunity to meet them via video and ask any questions that you may have and answer any of their questions about the sit. This often gives you a good feel of the applicant and do not feel pressured if you would like to sleep on it. Remembering it is a two way street and the sitters will also use the call to make sure that the sit is right for them. Letting the sitter know that you will let them know the next day, as sitters often need to confirm plans soon after the video call incase they have other sits lined up. But still do not feel pressured and trusting your gut is always a good way to go!

Where are you heading to in March?

Best wishes Carla

1 Like