Hi from our beautiful Scottish village (with its own palace!) AND Outlander setting!

Hi Elsie,
We’re in Falkland - home of the famous palace / Mary Queen of Scots / one of the best organic farm shops in Scotland AND a well known Outlander location!!!

It’s a great area - did you live close to Falkland?

Yes I can appreciate the chilly weather further north but beautiful also.

2 Likes

Cavaliers are the cutest aren’t they. I think Scotland AND a wee cavie sit are an ideal match :).

2 Likes

Ooh I love Falkland. We stayed there for a couple of nights a few years ago. We just kind of picked it out of a hat, because it was close to Cupar where my cousin lives, not realizing where we were going. Then, months later, I was watching the first season of Outlander and realized we stayed in the same hotel!

I just noticed, I have had your sit favourited for awhile now.

2 Likes

I lived on a farm in Star near Markinch. Falkland is a beautiful village. You are so lucky. Good luck.

2 Likes

Oh wow - what a coincidence. Yes Falkland / Cupar / St Andrews / pretty East Neuk fishing villages are all so close - as is Edinburgh. Under 40 minutes by car for the furthest possibly.

1 Like

Hi @RaeJ and welcome aboard, I am Tamy from Italy. I’d like to favourite your listening, you described it as a marvellous place with a super lovely pet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Visiting Scotland (Outlander locations) is definitely on my bucket list. :blush:

1 Like

Hi Rae,

I’m also in Scotland (though further South, near Dumfries and Galloway). I spent some time in your region last year and had to comment on the organic shop! If it is the one I’m thinking of (PoH), it is incredible! I especially like the chocolate bombs after the glorious scenic walks. Anyway, wishing you the best of luck in finding a suitable sitter, I doubt you’ll have any difficulty!

2 Likes

Hello @RaeJ and welcome to the forum. You may want to add a link to your listing in your forum username, so that forum members will find it more easily. I’ll add the instructions here:

If for some reason you’d rather not do that, if you post your listing date range it will be helpful for those searching your listing.

3 Likes

What a lovely introduction @RaeJ. You might only be relatively new to THS but you’ve been experiencing a similar lifestyle both as an owner and a sitter.

Love Scotland and have been fortunate to visit a number of times over the last 40 years. My Scottish ancestry keeps drawing me back! In 2017 I enjoyed over 6 weeks of pet sitting for 3 different owners in different locations which was wonderful. This year I’ll purely be a tourist and am finally going to the Edinburgh Tattoo.

Would definitely be interested in sitting for you another year and I’ll look forward to viewing your listing.

Like you, it’s been a long wait but finally we’re able to travel overseas again (I’m in Australia). Enjoy your family visit to California and we’ll look forward to reading more of your adventures from you.

2 Likes

@ElsieDownie
Gosh another Fifer :smiley:
we referred to it as The Star. :grin: I hail from Windygates.

2 Likes

It won’t let me print what we used to call it!
Windygates is a lovely place as well. The problem with Windygates is the school memories. Our BHS bus went through it twice a day and if we got stopped at the traffic lights there was a lot of abuse from the KHS lot. The rivalry was so bad we weren’t allowed to play hockey or rugby against them which was a pity because the schools were so close.
It’s really a small world…

1 Like

OMG it is indeed.
I worked as an advisory outreach teacher before retiring and have visited both schools. Kirkland is no more and everyone goes to the new Buckhaven HS.

1 Like

Fife is fab isn’t it - great place for a holiday.

1 Like

We’ve never made it to Australia but it’s certainly on our list - we have a few friends there who we’d love to visit.

Sounds like you’ve had some lovely stays in Scotland - so many different bits to explore aren’t there.

I’m so looking forward the the Edinburgh Festival restarting this year. We absolutely love it and have been to the Tattoo a couple of times (Take a cosy blanket :slight_smile: )

That’s great that you’d be interested in our listing in the future. Look forward to that.

Yes, VERY much looking forward to returning to California. We normally visit our son and his wife at the start and end of our trip (they live near San Francisco) and also fit in a home exchange to explore other areas and they come to visit for a weekend - works beautifully. Would be keen to do a pet sit too using THS as we very much miss having a dog around when we travel.

Best wishes

Rae

3 Likes

Oh wow - what a small world. Yes, that’s it - Pillars as known locally.

They’ve done a great job in the last few years making it open and accessible despite all the restrictions. (Not tried the chocolate bombs though - will certainly check them out!).

Yes, great walks in Falkland Estate. We’re pretty much there every day.

We’ve actually never made it to Dumfries and Galloway - must try to sort that out, I’m sure it’s a lovely area.

Yes, fingers crossed for a sitter - still a few weeks to go.

Regards

Rae

3 Likes

You definitely need to come to Australia @RaeJ!

Like you, we’re looking forward to the Edinburgh Festival as we were booked for 2020, then 2021 and finally it’s happening this year - yay! Will definitely go rugged up - thank you for that advice!

Enjoy your visit to California and maybe we’ll meet another year.

3 Likes

Look forward to that very much.

Enjoy Edinburgh.

Rae

1 Like

Thanks for this advice.

If anyone is searching for our listing and you type in Falkland LOADS of homes appear that are not actually in Falkland - think we’re the only ones. But the dates we need a sitter for is 25th May - 9th June so that narrows things down.

1 Like

Have you been yet???
I did 8 sits in one year there. One of my fav places.

1 Like

Where? Edinburgh? No, but to Gloscow and Loch Lomond. My first thought was to look for sits in the highlands this summer, but then a place in Wales caught my eye. How long are you in London?