Hello from Scotland

Hi fellow pet lovers! My husband and I started pet sitting in 2022 and so far completed 20 sits and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just wanted to say Hello before I start adding to the forum. We are looking forward to meeting some of you either in Scotland or during our travels!

17 Likes

Hello, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to info about your travels

1 Like

Hi and welcome, I also just joined. I’m in Bristol.
Have many of your sits been abroad or mostly UK?

1 Like

A quarter of our sits were abroad, the rest UK. We are in full time employment and not always able to work remotely but we loved the opportunities of exploring some places in the UK which we had not been to and have a few sits lined up for this summer. We tend to escape the British cold weather in autumn/winter.

We don’t have any pets ourselves so we start looking for sits whenever we get furry cuddles withdrawal symptoms :grinning:

Hope you enjoy the experience!

3 Likes

We have just sat in the UK and will probably keep it that way. Our local airport is Newcastle which isn’t renowned for it’s wide range of destinations or cheap flights.
Hope you get some great sits.

1 Like

We’re from Durham, although we are pet sitting full time now. We’re similar to yourselves, we started about a year ago and we’ve done 20+ sits, love it!

2 Likes

Wonderful! My husband and I are new to THS and are looking forward to our first international sit this summer in Scottland…the perfect place to start!

1 Like

County Durham here too

I recognise your profile, we’ve sat for the same pup before, I’ve popped you a DM :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am looking for house sits August in Edinburgh !!! :grinning:

Create a saved search for Edinburgh and August. That will help

1 Like

I’ll be in North Devon for a fortnight starting Wednesday :slight_smile:

Give Ireland some thought, we have had some of our best sits there. We take the Stranraer to Larne Ferry, just a two hour crossing. Happy sits wherever you go