Hiya from Edinburgh Scotland

Hiya
Fiona from Edinburgh. Scotland here.
Been with THS since 20l7 .My pet sitting was within the UK due to being in full time employment. I retired in March 2020 and had been looking forward to almost being a full-time sitter but then lockdown was announced . My first European sit was all organised and boom had to be cancelled. Ah well such is life.
New to the forum but looking forward to the discussions and maybe helpful hints.
take care all
Slainte

6 Likes

Hello Fiona @fyfie how lovely to have you join our community Forum. We are a small number at the moment but growing by the day and our global community of members will be invited to join very soon.

Edinburgh is such an amazing city and very popular with sitters but what a shame that your first European sit was a victim of the pandemic and there will be many more opportunities to venture away from home shores, we just need to be patient and wait for safe travel to return. Having been a member since 2017 you must have many wonderful stories to tell, we canā€™t wait for you to share

Enjoy the conversations we look forward to you contributing to the discussions and connecting with other members.

Thank you again for joining.

Angela & The Team

1 Like

Hello :wave: welcome

2 Likes

Welcome Fiona! This is a great space for us Sitters to connect, share and support. Nice to ā€˜meetā€™ you. Hopefully we will all be back on our house sitting journey sooner than later. Take care.

3 Likes

Welcome @fyfie ! Great to have you here and to virtually meet you :hugs:

2 Likes

Welcome Fiona. We were all set to explore and house sit in Scotland last year after the first lockdown, but ended up in Europe instead. Strange things happened last year in terms of plans and results :slight_smile: Enjoy the forum!

3 Likes

@HousesittingMag
I have done a few sits in Scotland. My very first one was only 40 mins from my home :grinning: It was an urgently required. Being my first one I was quite nervous but it was all fine. I couldnā€™t help thinking how trusting the lady was as she left the key in a secret hideout so I could let myself in.
I havenā€™t looked back.

3 Likes

Bonjour et Bienvenue Fiona !

2 Likes

Hullo Iā€™m a sitter who stays in Kirkcaldy but Iā€™m from Edinburgh. I also joined in 2017 and did several sits until lockdown. As well as the ones listed I was asked back from a couple of folk without advertising. Plus I wasnā€™t able to do too many as I also looked after dog(s) in my home for Barking Mad. You will see that people are getting many many applicants this year now compared to before the travel restrictions for going abroad (I totally agree with the restrictions for abroad) but makes it harder to get a sit. I also now have a dog which will not be so good for sitting but a friend says she will take him if I ever get accepted. My partner tragically died at beginning of 2017 and I am devastated. THS gave me a focus and it was so interesting to see other places etc. I have only done Scotland. I did have an English sit organised for Dec past but of course that was cancelled. Anyway hope you get lots of sits now retired.

2 Likes

Hi @macdog
Thanks for your message. Iā€™m really a Fifer living in Edinburgh :smile:
It is a testing time for all of us and yes the competition is fierce and I guess the old adage of ā€œpatience is a virtueā€ is uppermost at the moment.
Sorry to hear about your partner, hoping your dog gives much solace in the bad moments.
Best wishes and fingers crossed for many pet sits.

2 Likes

Hi @macdog thank you so much for joining our community forum itā€™s wonderful to have you here. We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your partner, there are other members who have found purpose and focus through joining our pet and housesitting community Iā€™m sure you will meet some of them here, we have a very special community. Your dog must be a great comfort also, we do have a combined membership which would allow you to engage sitters as well as continue your pet sitting, the best of both worlds.

Pet and housesitting is certainly a great way to meet pets and people, whether thatā€™s for international travel (when itā€™s safe to do so) or as you have done discovered your own back yard, Scotland has some beautiful places. Speaking of which, we hope you are keeping dry itā€™s been rather wet in Scotland lately (Iā€™m near Helensburgh and wondering whether or not to start building an Ark)

Enjoy the conversations and connecting with other members, we canā€™t wait to share in your TrustedHousesitters journey. Thank you for being part our our community since 2017 ā€¦

Angela & The Team