Fear of making an honest 'negative' review

K. You make my point exactly. When other sitters tell me NOT to make a negative review because it could ruin me for getting another sitter, I paid attention. This is an issue that affects everyone at TH…sits and sitters. There has to be a better way. Thanks for your comments!

1 Like

Hi @Ben-Product could you tell me how, on a sit listing, on the website I can find all the other reviews a homeowner has left please? I too really miss being able to see all the reviews a homeowner has left.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @JackieX so currently we don’t have one central view to look at all reviews a Sitter or Owner has left. Is something we are exploring. However, you can currently click on the reviews and go to previous Sitter profiles and find the relevant review this way. Thanks, Ben

1 Like

Hi @Ben-Product this only works therefore if the sitter has left a review for the HO, if they have not submitted a review by way of ‘silent protest’ / not wanting to leave a negative review there is no evidence of them ever having been there. It’s these very people and the reviews left for them by the HO that would be the most beneficial when considering a sit.

@JackieX - if you use the mobile app, it shows all previous sitters, including those who have not left a review. I only discovered this by accident when applying for a sit - the HO had 3 previous sitters, but only one had left any review, a red flag for me, so I declined the sit.

4 Likes

Thank you @Petermac
@Ben-Product why are different facilities available on the app to the website?

2 Likes

Hi @JackieX we have implemented it on the mobile app and is something we would like to add to the website. Sometimes we offer slightly different features as a platform lends itself to different content or features, Or we test a feature on one platform to check it works, or improves the experience before adding. This is on our to-do list of things to add! Will keep you posted when it’s added. Have a good weekend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I started a similar thread about this (website vs mobile issue):

I’m currently at a sit that will go down as one of my worst, purely due to the mess and general dirtyness of the place. (I’ve spent 2 days cleaning solidly as I have OCD).

When I arrived I was told that the babysitter that morning was unwell and didn’t come over which was supposed to give the HO time to tidy up (however based on the lack of cleaning products in the house, I very much doubt that was true).

I really AM going to be leaving bad feedback on this sit - but what I have found most annoying is that when I applied I did so via the website that showed one good sitter feedback (from 2017)…

However on the mobile app - it shows FIVE other sitters that didn’t leave feedback since that sit (and since the owner had 3 children!!) OMG - that speak VOLUMUES to a prospective sitter and I would never have applied if I had seen that!

This is a real bug bear of mine!

Please @TrustedHousesitters can you make sure we can see the NO REVIEWS on both platforms.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @Ben-Product I’ve finally given in, and downloaded the app, and yes, I can see sitters who have left no reference for the HO, BUT I don’t seem to be able to click on the sitters and read their profiles, and reviews, on the app, which I can do 9n the website

2 Likes

It’s really frustrating, I hear ya!

3 Likes

Hugs to you Claire

2 Likes

Claresitsdogs. Can I advise you take photos of this awful sit. Anything that the homowner will attempt to dispute. Then send them to TH. We had a dreadful experience and my photos helped us out of the sit. Something we would never had done if we had not been hoodwinked by the owner. We didn’t ask for a review. It would have been so negative and totally untrue.

2 Likes

Personally I think if most sitters don’t say some variation of “I would sit for them again any time” or “I highly recommend this sit”, it’s probably a bad review. Of the reviews of me as a homeowner, all but one say one or both of those two things. The one that doesn’t say either of those things? She’s the only sitter I’ve left a “read between the lines” review for. She broke stuff and didn’t tell me, she forgot to put the trash out, and judging by the dried-up puddle of cat vomit I had to step over to get into the house, she had been stepping over it for at least two days. She’s currently not active on the site, and I suspect she’s going to have to start a new profile if she wants to get sits in the future.

Honestly, if the reviews of both sits and sitters aren’t consistent raves, I’d be leery.

Well she has text me twice since I left telling me how amazingly clean and tidy the house is and how happy the pets are, and has left me a full 5 star review… I’m going to have to be very ‘diplomatic’ with my review.

2 Likes

No wonder she got her pet looked after and house had a deep clean.
She maybe want kids looked after as well. :roll_eyes: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I think this sitter did a really good job of leaving a bad review without being mean. She still gave them four stars, but would I take that sit? No.

2 Likes

So you see the contradiction ? Because the owner left you a good feed back you hesitate to tell the truth which could be useful for future sitters. Who will be obliged to read between the lines. You may write it was messy If you don’t dare to say filthy ?
How to stay polite and true ? It’s an art. I’m not the diplomatic type so i may be not the best adviser…

6 Likes

Oh totally but I’m still going to be true to my word… in fact I’ve just received a text leaving me a bit stumped asking if I know where two bottles of pink fizz have gone (sounding very accusatory), there was only one when I arrived on the kitchen table as I remember thinking (oh lovely is that for me?) but it wasn’t and it was moved to the dresser before they left.

Hope we never get that sit.

2 Likes

Omg!!! The nerve of some people!!

1 Like