Friend says I'm "over the top" with the prep!

@Crookie Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We feel the same, aiming for “high end Airbnb”. I replaced kitchen towels and pot holders based on what I’d want to use in someone else’s home. It’s amazing what’s good enough for us but not for Puccini’s “guests” :smile:

4 Likes

I love it! And it’s an excuse to spruce up your place!

1 Like

I completely agree with you gracefulwolf. Before a sit, I give my house a complete spring clean from top to bottom, leave new, unused bars of soap in the bathrooms, make sure the garden is immaculate…all the things I would hope to find if I were a sitter. I couldn’t imagine leaving it in any other way.

5 Likes

@gracefulwolf I do as well, I find it therapeutic music on, rubber gloves on and we’re in business.

2 Likes

@KaitK I do the fresh bars of soap, too, and new sponges in the kitchen. Thanks for the validation.

3 Likes

Ha! Yes, exactly.

I’m a sitter and I love to tend to the gardens, weed mow trim whatever. In the kitchen I enjoy cleaning and will often replace sponges if used.
One of my last sits, she is a friend, I replaced her outside doormat while I was clearing out the entryway.
For me, it’s no big deal as small gestures made in good will are always over compensated in wonderful unexpected ways.
Like friendships. :two_hearts: it was actually this person who gifted me my butterfly wings!

(Permission was given to share image)

14 Likes

I totally agree with your attitude, I feel that it is important for sitters to arrive to a clean and tidy house, and leave it the same way. It’s far more welcoming and respectful of others. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We’re the same. We deep clean before anyone comes to stay, whether they’re a sitter, family, or friend. I find it polite and we want people to immediately see that we love our home.
It’s also easier for sitters to keep on top of cleaning if it starts off from a point of being spotless.

7 Likes

I totally agree. Before a recent couple spent two weeks in my home, I had it professionally cleaned since that hadn’t been done since before Covid. It’s so much easier for sitters to end their stay with a clean home, if it was that way when they arrive.

As a sitter as well as a HO, I know I prefer a clean house and definitely a cleaned out Fridge, before my sit.

5 Likes

@Amparo sweet friendship!

1 Like

@Mermaid exactly!

1 Like

@Pips Agreed on all points!

@Pawtastic yes. And to be clear, she’s not with THS, so she wouldn’t necessarily know :slight_smile:

@ShulasMom agreed!

Thank you, everyone, for your support! I feel so much better! I am going to be heading out tomorrow for our trip, so will now focus on packing and making sure that fridge is in nice order with lots of space!

Graceful Wolf :wolf:

3 Likes

@gracefulwolf have a great trip!!!

1 Like

I’ve drawn the line at putting handmade chocolates on the pillow though…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

@KaitK, dang it…I was hoping you would do that. I was going to apply for a sit! LOL
And by the way, I think your home looks so inviting and those two black and white lovebugs are adorable!

2 Likes