Hello from a newbie excited to get started!

Hi,

I am just starting this exciting journey. I am a remote worker who enjoys exploring new places. Any advice for securing house sits would be appreciated. I am looking for both short and long term opportunities.

7 Likes

Hi @Susan_Elizabeth. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and our community forum. I too am a remote worker who loves to travel and take care of people’s pets. As @Smiley said on another topic recently, housesitting is “…one of the best things I’ve done in my life!” Many of us here on the forum couldn’t agree more.

I noticed that you tried to add a link to your sitter profile on the main website to your forum profile, but it’s not quite right and instead goes to your reader’s profile. I’ll send you a DM with the correct link. That way, people here on the forum will be able to learn more about you.

Again, welcome and happy sitting!
Karen E

2 Likes

Hi @Susan_Elizabeth and welcome to the forum and to TrustedHousesitters. Although we’re in different countries, I’m just an hour’s drive away from you. As a former skier, I’ve driven through your location many times over the years.

As for advice, your best route is to use the magnifying glass and search using key words to find relevant posts. I’ll add one here, which I found by using the key words sitter tips.

What are your top tips for new sitters?

Francine,
Volunteer Moderator :canada: