House & Location

In a house sit listing when you see this posted under House & Location what dose it mean to you?
Fully stocked kitchen
Full bathrooms stocked with toiletries

Dose that mean help yourself to food in the fridge?
Dose it mean you can use their shampoo?

1 Like

Yes it sounds exactly like that’s what they mean @Pamela Help yourself to both food & toiletries whilst you’re sitting. We’ve had the same happen in Italy including the wine cellar!. #generoushosts

2 Likes

Are you talking about the Amenities section?

I would always attempt to have clear communication with the Owner about what they intend for me to use and what is off-limits.

Ticking those boxes in the Amenities section does not necessarily mean to help yourself to everything in their kitchen, pantry, and bathroom.

3 Likes

Oh! Might stand corrected @Pamela if it’s just the amenities section tick box as @PVGemini suggests. I thought you meant it was written as part of the main listing :thinking::flushed: #betterdoublecheck

2 Likes

As a sitter, I read it as I’d be allowed to help myself to the toiletries. Regarding the fully stocked kitchen - I would interpret that as including all the basic cooking needs such as pots and pans, dishes, utensils, etc. - anything needed to cook but definitely not giving free reign to helping myself to food items.

1 Like

Yes it was poster under the House & Location header.

I have just finished a paid pet sit and they said eat what ever you what. In all the years I’ve been pet sitting or sitting for THS this was the first time it ever happened. Today I saw a THS listing and under House & Location, I saw …
Fully stocked kitchen
Full bathrooms stocked with toiletries

I hope this answers any questions.

1 Like

No questions, just offering insight on the wording @Pamela in case it was helpful. We have had the same. Nice to know there are a few of them out there. Most common in Switzerland and Portugal to date :raised_hands:t3::portugal::switzerland:#toptip

1 Like

Yes it does sound like that but I would always check with the hosts. In any event, even if they say “help yourself” I would replace most things except the odd spices/herbs I might use, unless I emptied them!

My generous customer was in Utah, USA.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

For the bathroom, it appears that they are willingly providing soaps, shampoo, and perhaps other items, like conditioner, lotion, toothpaste?

For the kitchen, to me, “fully stocked” means that they have all the usual items needed for cooking—oils, spices, vinegars, flour, sugar, etc. It does not necessarily mean that they are going to have any perishables or frozen food available.

It will be interesting to see what they provide! Please let us know! Maybe they read the Forum and took heed.

1 Like