How to get Australian Visa for European Sitters

Hi there, we’re an Italian couple with 4 successful house/pet sits under our belt. We are considering sitting in Australia next year, but we’re afraid of obtaining the visa. Should the owners write an invitation letter? Is there any European sitter or HO who can share his/her experience? Thanks in advance :kiss::kiss::kiss:

The best idea is to contact your own embassy and find out the correct rules and regulations then you can’t go wrong

1 Like

I suggest going to Australian Government Department of Home Affairs website and research the visa requirements and conditions for your country. We are Americans and currently in Australia for a year, but our visa and conditions of entry may be different from yours. Best of luck to you.

3 Likes

The Italian embassy/consulate would not be able to advise on Australian immigration requirements. They need to check the Australian consulate in Italy.

2 Likes

And your link leads exactly to the government website I mentioned above. :grinning:

1 Like

I know. That was the goal.

2 Likes

We have always found our own (UK) embassy very accommodating with information about the countries we want to travel to and it was all in English. However, I’m sure the Australian embassy would help as well.
Good luck wherever you get the information from.

1 Like

Hi @Tamara66 you’ve had some good advice from members. Our advice is research and always be guided by the official government information for the country you want to visit.

1 Like

@BunnyCat I’ve sent you a private message.

2 Likes

Thank you alll for the suggestions.