Nobody wants me :-( Advice for a first time house sitter?

Congrats @danapez well done :slightly_smiling_face:

I still remember how exciting that first “You are the chosen one” message feels.

Here’s a little encouraging reality check, don’t get disheartened. When I first started a number of years ago, it took over 6 weeks and numerous applications before I was chosen.

10 years and 200 sits later I get rejections and messages go unread but I’ve learned not to take it personally because it isn’t just as sitters choose sits based on personal preferences, owners do the same although application messages and profiles greatly influence their decision of course.

I was unsuccessful for a sit in Edinburgh, just an hour from where I live because the owner had a application from a sitter she had previously had a conversation with. Another owner chose a sitter who could “pop in” and meet her and the kitties … it’s all about what fits.

The point is the right sit is out there and you’ve found it … the the key is to make certain it is the right sit and not just a sit, it needs to work for everyone … especially the pets.

Communicate, communicate, communicate!!

Happy sitting and congrats again.

2 Likes