Owner return date conundrum

@petshopgirls TrustedHouseSitters do not know it is happening unless an official complaint is raised by the sitter ( not just an e-mail saying the HO came back early ) they want screenshots of messages and “proof that the sitter didn’t agree to the change of date “ and to then to carry out an “investigation” . If this procedure is not followed the curtailment a sits is not recorded or monitored by THS .

TBH having been put in this situation ( and not for a valid reason ) when a sitter suddenly has to scramble to find new suitable accommodation at short notice; at their own expense ( with the hope it will be partially reimbursed by the THS cancellation insurance) and still is caring for pets on a sit it’s difficult to find the time to go through the official complaints procedure. The complaint with the evidence has to be submitted within 30 days.

So the majority of these occasions go unrecorded and unmonitored. Even when it’s mentioned in feedback from the sitter - this isn’t monitored by THS .

It’s true that THS doesn’t monitor feedback from sitters unless they complain to membership services, but that’s not necessary to help sitters. If I see feedback that says a host returned early even once, as a sitter, that would make me consider how likely that is to happen again. Like if the homeowner returned for a flimsy or random reason, I’d figure that they could do that to other sitters as well. Or say they say they returned early because of X reason in feedback, if they made it up, it’s risky to use the same excuse again if that comes up again in sitter feedback, because if prospective sitters are reading that, it’s probably better to avoid those hosts vs. ones without such feedback.