Presents from my friend

At one of my regular sits I have a friend who is very good at bringing me presents! He brought me a rat about four days before the snake, which bit me when I retrieved it from his mouth and I ended up having to go to the hospital and get a tetanus injection, my last one was some 20 years ago!!
Lizards are also a speciality - trying to get them out from behind baseboards is very time consuming :slight_smile:

8 Likes

OMGoodness @Lindsey are you both OK … you and kitty? Athough he doesn’t look at all perturbed about his new friend … Thank you for sharing your story …

I would have freaked out @Lindsey! So glad you and puss are okay.

3 Likes

Yes are both ok thanks. The snake was quite docile, I relocated him behind the log pile in the hope he wouldn’t be found again!
Murray, the kittie, never kills anything, he brings all manor of interesting creatures back, including frogs, great fun chasing them around! I have no problem handling wildlife thankfully :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes! If that was in Australia, i’d be calling the snake catcher & the vet ASAP! :astonished::scream:

3 Likes

You’re so right about that!!!

1 Like

@Lindsey glad to hear that you are okay, how interesting that Murray brings them alive, I wonder does he like watching you and the owner’s chasing them?

2 Likes

Yikes! You are a trooper. Where are you located?

1 Like

Oh my! Your friend is clearly quite enamoured with you - although his taste in presents needs work :rofl:

2 Likes

I would have got the next flight :airplane: home

Oh gosh, aren’t the lil’ presents from hunters just great?! :joy:

The first live bird brought inside by the cat we were sitting took us by surprise. We’ve since had live and dead mice and lizards, but no snakes yet. We learned our lesson, so when we realize we have a hunter under our care, we become the CSA (Cat Security Administration) and do a thorough inspection before letting them back in the house after time outdoors :rofl:

We take it as a compliment because we’ve maintained a sense of safety in the home for the cat since they still feel like it’s a safe enough place to bring home their prize. We’ve also learned that a bell or two on the collar dramatically reduces the amount of critters caught because it gives warning to their location. You might feel bad about that until you realize that house cats have a huge impact on local wildlife.

2 Likes

I love the name “Murray”. Friends of mind adopted a kitten and called her Mary. She was re-christened Murray when she turned out to be a he.

1 Like