Privacy on our garden

Hi guys ive noticed this looking onto our property was wondering if this is a camera in youre opinion

@Gollop1988

You may have some birds :bird: watching you (although it’s too early for birds to be nesting in U.K. if that is where you are )

I can see only a bird ( nesting ) box on wall and a security light ( bottom of photo ) .

1 Like

Its in the corner of the window

1 Like

It is very hard to see in your picture but i think i see what you are looking at. And yes, it looks like it could be a camera.

Could be. Are you on a long sit? Are you using the garden much?

I think it’s just a bird box, for nestig purposes

Oh, in the window. Hard to tell, I mean, if the window is closed what do they do with the camera?

It looks like it could be…

What are you thinking? Are you going to inquire?

It looks like a stereo speaker to me.

1 Like

It looks like nothing to me, have you any reason to believe otherwise apart from a hazy bad shadowy image that you can see?

2 Likes

Personally it looks like they are simply watching for any birds come and go, because we thought of doing exactly that with our place in past (pre pet-sitting days). We had birds nesting in a gutter and were going to prop a camera up at the window to watch them. TBH it never entered our minds that the neighbours would think we were watching over part of their garden, we were just too excited when we heard baby chicks.

3 Likes

Tha ks for all youre reply im sorry should of mentioned the neighbours try to constantly report us for multiple things but nothing successful both of them are social services and do not like children by the look of the complaints i was just worried that this was a camera onserving our garden

1 Like

I don’t understand the situation. You are a sitter? And from whom is this window? From the neighbours? Because if it’s your window you could just look what it is.

Hi there thanks for the reply the only thing i found strange was the outer black circle resembled the head phone ear sponge/ foam i needed to make sure as i no it is illegal looking onto a person’s property so needed to make sure

If I understand correctly, you think the neighbors are spying on you in the garden? And the HOs have gotten complaints about you from the neighbors? It sounds like the HOs have not taken those complaints to heart - I’d just try to ignore the neighbors.

@Gollop1988 unless you’re planning on nude sunbathing I wouldn’t worry about it if it is only pointed at the garden. I would be inclined to wave at it with a big smile though :joy:

1 Like

Why not simply ask the neighbours about it?

“I can see a small gadget in your window upstairs. Is it a camera? What are you watching?”

If it turns out to be surveillance that covers your garden, this can then be addressed. Or, if it’s a PC speaker or similar, you can just forget about it and have no further worry!

3 Likes

ah, but locations and cultures can vary… we lived in BC Canada and neighbours put cameras aiming at our yard - apparently they can do that… I think they thought we would jump the fence into their yard - they were so wrong in that aspect…

1 Like

Thanks for all replies found out they dislike the fact i have a small fire in garden in a incenarator and they was trying to film it god knows why but they thought filming my garden is appropriate behaviour