Product update to avoid overbooking sits

I feel like it would prove that I care about the animals more than a home to stay in since I cared enough to care for multiple and spend all of my time doing that for free.

External references can be faked and then insurance protection and all of that won’t apply to the sit.

Request a reference from them - not a sit review but is visible on your profile.

Officially overlapping sits aren’t possible anymore!
But in the old days- when they were- we always made sure both hosts agreed the overlap so there would be no questions later about the overlap dates showing on reviews!

2 Likes

And what would be needed now with the holidays: a block on invitations for dates when one is not available. I am now also starting to get them, now that I have ten reviews. And so far I write replies, but I can imagine that how annoying a flood of such invitations would be if one lived in for example London.

1 Like

But yours won’t be faked -so no issue with insurance .

It’s of course entirely up to you . To answer your original question you can’t make the pop-in an official THS sit because you are not staying overnight and because it overlaps with an already confirmed sit . Therefore you can’t get a review for your efforts . You can (if you chose to ) get some recognition by asking them to write a reference .

Yes it is.

I’m tempted to change my location to Antarctica until after the holidays

1 Like

This was always not possible as a THS sit requires you to be there overnight. So in that sense there is no such thing as a THS sit where you’re just dropping by for feeding.

1 Like

Do you have any penguin experience?

1 Like

Book the new sit with dates that do not overlap (starts on the date the previous one ends).
Arrange anything else for the unbooked dates directly.

1 Like

I think that HO is cheeky to ask you to do free drop-ins. They should be using a paid pet-sitting service for that type of visit.

4 Likes

It does sometimes feel that once an owner has found THS they forget that the pay service they used to use still exists.

3 Likes

and here I’m with troubble trying to help a HO getting someone to get into their new dates, and I’ve been trying and trying to change their dates, and the platform keeps saying it has sent 1,2,3,4 emails to them. And they haven’t recieved. great overlaps ending :slight_smile:

I agree. I used to strictly do paid sits. I didn’t even know free site were a thing unless you have a friend but even my friends paid me. I originally signed up for THS as a mistake thinking it was to branch out to new clients but then really needed accommodations in a pinch and resigned up. It baffles me how ungrateful some HO are when I’m doing free, often hard work for them and caring for their children. The concept of this site is weird but it helped me when I needed it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

That’s smart!

Interesting! I just looked at a sit linked to the forum and, despite the fact the dates clash with a sit I’ll be doing, I didn’t get a message telling me that!

Wow, perfect solution. I’m a homeowner who tries to be understanding of the needs of a sitter (because I am also a sitter) and next time I post a listing for a house sit, I will add my email address as well.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why the ability to still message the HO has gone away also - that way we can take communication into our own hands and any flexibility into account. There is a flaw in the system as is now because if they only have one sit posted that you overlap with, you can’t interact with them at all. But, if they have a different sit posted (that you don’t overlap with), you can message them and the box to click for the overlapping dates appears.

I hate to think what they are trying to solve here was a big problem before - and I totally support having a pop up notification to alert you to the overlap to prevent accidents, but for couples and people with flexibility this is a disappointing and frustrating “upgrade”.

4 Likes

DEVASTATING!!!
That is the only word to describe what blocking our ability to overlap house sits does to us!!!
We are a couple and before we accept an overlap we get the approval from both sets of pet parents before we accept the new sit.
We need to able to apply for a sit before the 4 app limit is reached to assure us equal opportunity.
As it stands we are now handicapped and unable to even let the pet parents know that we are available.
Don’t let a couple of rotten apples ruin it for folks like us who are honest, reliable and can be “Trusted”.
“Your Devine House Sitters”
SaM Devine and David Nelson

4 Likes

Did you get a reply?