Product updates

Hi All :wave:

As previously discussed, we have just updated the iOS/Android app to now show the exact number of applications, rather than a range. (Which is already live on web)

Have a good day :blush:
Ben

2 Likes

Just noticed that. Good stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you Ben for your dedication and hard work.
Personally the numbers don’t ever influence my decision to apply but I know it matters to others.
Well done and kudos to your team.

My day is excellent. Hope yours is as well.

2 Likes

@Angela_L - A question for you: How can forum members discuss the issue of pausing applications, since you move all related posts into a locked thread that does not allow replies?

4 Likes

Are replies permitted after you do that? I’d like a response to my question about where to send listings that don’t comply with THS rules about photos.

3 Likes

I have posted about this twice. THS just do not comment or answer. it is infuriating and dismissive to their customers.

1 Like

Hi @Betsy to keep this conversation focussed on the Product Update I will Direct Message you .

1 Like

Please DM me too as I’m also extremely frustrated at this change and the way communications are being handled.

Hi @Expat6 I have DM’d you …

Hi @Timshazz please Direct Message, thank you.

@Angela_L

Angela, my post was in direct response to something that Ben wrote. It is not directly about the “Product Update” but I was asking him about something that HE wrote.

Will I get a response? It’s OK to DM me, if that suits you better.

CUT AND PASTED FROM MY FORUM POST TWO DAYS AGO:

"Ben-Product Manager wrote: “The problem has been with new listings. We are keeping an eye on existing listings (is on our to-do list)”

@Ben-ProductManager The problem is with existing listings, too! I have a list of 26 homes (culled from a search in an area we’ll be visiting next year) that do not adhere to THS rules regarding what photos to include in the listing. No bedroom or bath shown or NO photos of the inside at all. I can send 26 unique URLs.

Shall I send this list to you or if not, to whom?

Please advise. It would be so helpful if these HOs fix their listings."

1 Like

Hi @KenandMary1998 thank you for your diligence in bringing these to our attention. Please forward the listings you have to the Membership Services Team as they are the ones who advise and support members with listings … you can forward to support@trustedhousesitters.com

1 Like

Hi All :wave:

Just to let you know, we have just made the following update to the site:
Owners that are reviewing their applications will now be visible within search results. These are shown with the section sits without current dates.

We have also made listings that have confirmed a sitter visible in search results. What does this mean? It means that sits will always be visible on the site whether they are accepting applications, are reviewing applicants, have confirmed a sitter, or don’t have any live dates. You can favourite a listing and then you will receive a notification when the owner has added new dates.

Next up, we are working on a feature whereby if a favourited sit is unpaused, you will receive a notification, making you aware that you can apply for the sit. We are also looking at increasing the visibility of these sits.

Will have a further update soon.
Many Thanks, Ben

1 Like

@Ben-ProductManager
(Owners that are reviewing their applications will now be visible within search results. These are shown with the section sits without current dates.)
I think there should then be a section for reviewing applications and it should show the dates that are being reviewed. As is I don’t know if you can see that the listing not currently looking for a sitter is actually reviewing unless you bring up the listing.

@Ben-ProductManager I’d like to see the dates of the listings reviewing applications. If I don’t know the dates I don’t know if I should favorite it in case it gets unpaused .

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

Hi All,

We have added another pausing improvement. Where if an Owner has multiple assignments/dates we now show available dates and dates that have been paused. (previously they would disappear) This was raised by @Crookie, so thanks for the help!

For example:
23 Dec-27 Dec, Reviewing applications
30 Dec-5 Jan, 3 applicants
20-25 Jan, 4 applicants

Thanks, Ben

1 Like

In your example above, if the 20-25 Jan sit had reached 5 applications, would it not also show as ‘Reviewing applications’?

1 Like

Yes indeed :blush:

Now it’s been corrected it makes sense - I thought that you must had decided to up the pause threshold!