Reaching out

Greetings from Australia :slight_smile:
I am travelling to Grenoble next year in March until June and am looking for a sitting job, it is my idea of saving in accommodation while working on a special assignment. I was wondering if sitters are allowed to reach pet owners or if the only way to get in touch with people -who needs ongoing siting in my area of interest- is just possible until they put some dates in their profile :slight_smile:
Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

Welcome @Dayanperez .

There is no way to contact homeowners unless they have current dates listed and currently no way to let people know where you want to travel to apart from writing it in your profile.

Here are some suggestions that have worked for me to get sits in the area where I wanted to sit .

In my profile I Changed my location to the destination that I want to travel to . When Homeowners search for sitters “local” ones come up first in the search results . So they will have more chance of seeing your profile. This has worked for me in the past year.

Do a search for the location that you want to visit . You will see at the top of your search listings with current dates and lower down sits that are not currently looking for a sitter.Then Save as favourite all the suitable sits in that area - when they next post dates you will be notified .

You could also start a thread on the forum with Grenoble in the title and hope that a homeowner notices it . For example “Ideas for places to visit in Grenoble” and hope that a homeowner in Grenoble spots the thread.

2 Likes

The best way is to make Saved search for Grenoble. That will give you email alerts of new dates if you do it via the web interface or notifications in your phone if you create the Saved search in the app.

On THS there are quite a few sits in the Geneva area, but for finding sits in France there are often more opportunities on Nomador.

2 Likes

You might also look on a website called sabbaticalhomes. Some of the listings are interested in housesitters, and the arrangements can be flexible.

(link removed due to posting terms)

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your information

1 Like