Really Disappointed Since Joining

I would agree that for a 3 day sit, a vehicle is not required unless the pet requires it - in which case it should be provided for the sitter. I would especially say a car isn’t needed if you’re willing to pick them up from a bus/train and stop by a shop on the way home for them to pick up anything they need.

1 Like

Thank you for that Snowbird I appreciate your feedback.

I have had around 6 people tell me they will be fine with walking/ catching the bus and so on and every single one of them has pulled out, twice at the last minute when I struggled to get a cat sitter. I had one two weeks ago. Assured me it wouldn’t be a problem, I said I was happy to pick him up from the train station, then he pulled out. Honestly, I don’t want to have to go through that again. And again.

I will put up a photo of the bathroom. I will reorder cat photos, thanks.

For the 3 day sit I think I will take it down. I have a neighbour who has said he will cover it. I’ve just had a lovely couple from NZ get in touch so I’ve responded to them and if they come, great, if not, my neighbour will do it. Yes, I always approach ex-sitters first but unfortunately no one is available.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my listing. I do appreciate it. If you are ever in the Wiltshire area and want a sit, do let me know :slight_smile:

Jo

3 Likes

Hi @Joandacat Thank you so much for this lovely reply, especially about being so understanding about me again addressing the car issue. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m so sorry to hear of what you’ve experienced, as it must certainly be testing your patience. I hope things work out for you.

I’ve just favourited your listing so that I will be sure to remember you. I’ve only been through Wiltshire on a bus trip, but I guess that’s a good reason to visit again. I’m originally from South Wales, so not too far away when I do visit. If car rentals remain unchanged however, I’d be without a car. We could cross that bridge when we came to it though. :wink: :rofl:

I think you may be asking a little early. We advertised for a sitter for August back in March and it took a long time to find one. However in May I advertised for a sitter in June and got several replies in days. Don’t give up hope, you may be much luckier come August or the end of July. Our last sitters where not looking more than a month ahead.

2 Likes