Recommend sites for cheap travel

I’m usually very good at finding cheap air, train and bus fares in the UK. Hopefully when the world opens up we will get some International travel again. Can other members recommend sites for cheap travel tickets in their countries please?

2 Likes

I am registered with Jack’s Flight Club in the UK
I receive regular emails with specific deals of the day, but I have not used the site yet

2 Likes

There are many travel bloggers who do deep dive research into every aspect of travel … Nomadic Matt is a great friend of TrustedHousesitters and has an excellent website.

7 Likes

Wonderful. Exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll take my time and read it on lazy summer afternoons.
Elsie

1 Like

We used vacations to go to get a repositioning cruise back from central America where we’d travelled as well as sitting in Mexico, Guatemala and Costa Rica. I never thought I’d get my husband on a cruise, but as a 16 day journey costing about twice the cost of a flight with all inclusive food and drink it was a wonderful way to get back to Europe.
Sadly Pullmantur haven’t survived Covid but other companies do also do repositioning cruises.

1 Like

We always used to use https://www.skyscanner.net/ for booking our international flights, but of course haven’t looked at flights for some time :slight_smile: I’ve been wondering how these flight search sites are working for people now. We used to find some good ticket prices to the Americas each year.

2 Likes

I was going to suggest Skyscanner as well, I’ve had some great deals from there!

4 Likes

We used KAYAK.com to compare airfares, hotels, car rentals, etc.
Rome2Rio.com is great to find the best way to get from A to B, anywhere in the world. Compare your options: plane, train, bus, taxi, shuttle, metro(tube), car or ferry.

7 Likes

Love Rome2Rio @Maryse… great suggestion. We travelled all over Mexico using their site - it’s a great place to start with planning trips.

2 Likes

Skyscanner is one of the ones we use as well

1 Like

We are seasoned sailors and love all things to do with the sea but I’m not sure how we would get on in a cruise. I could see”the skipper” up on the bridge instructing the captain on best policies………. Might try it one of these days.

1 Like

New one on me. Will research it, sounds good.

Use it all the time. Great for cheap European train fares.

1 Like

It’s good to compare prices but I find it’s always cheaper to go to the companies own web site. No commission.

1 Like

I’m late to this party :slight_smile: Some sites I use regularly are skiplagged.com , secretflying.com

3 Likes

Thank you @dlwalsh2 great suggestions, and you’re never too late for this party!

I have been using Google flights when I am looking for travel my airline doesn’t serve.

1 Like

Fabulous! Thanks!

@Angela_L #goals😏

1 Like

I absolutely love Rome2Rio. We used them in Rome, Venice, and Greece. Excellent pricing and a pleasure to deal with.

1 Like