So the first thing about your post is that you are automatically notified once the host picks another sitter and they have confirmed the booking. At the point of confirmation, you will get a message saying the dates didn’t work out or something like that.
I know it can be frustrating when you see sits you’d really like to do ,or that work really well for your schedule and you’re not getting a timely reply.
I know there are times when I see a sit that would work really great for my schedule should I book a sit that I’ve already applied to, but without that other sit being confirmed, I’m probably not going to apply for the other one.
But the one thing I remember is that ultimately a sitters need to figure out their schedule or an attachment to a particular sit because of the location etc,is not really the hosts’ issue. Of course like any sitter I prefer timely replies and a quick confirmation process.
I have been sitting for many years and in my experience most hosts are pretty quick to reply. I often don’t find myself applying for multiple sits with similar dates very often.
Between being a full-time sitter who tries to be strategic about filling my calendar and being pretty selective about the fits I do, it’s not often that I see multiple all at once with similar dates that I want to do equally.
The time I’m most likely to apply to multiple sits is if I’m trying to fill a gap in my schedule. Depending on the area I’m in and the amount of time I’m trying to fill, my options may be more limited than if my schedule was wide open.
There is nothing stopping sitters from applying to multiple sits at once if they see ones that they like. Now if people really want to do a particular set for some reason and they don’t want to schedule anything else at the moment, then the only thing you can really do is wait.
Like other people said, while it may seem like a good idea in theory to place some sort of limit on the decision process, I don’t think that’s something they really would do and I really don’t think it’s something they should do.
Like I’ve said in many other posts, I prefer THS limits their involvement in the process as much as possible.