10 Steps to choose a THS

Actually, opening 26 profiles to check availability is much more time consuming than simply sending the invite. Also, there are sitters who do not update their availability.

I’m sure we’ll all be interested how your experiment goes @Samson.

More filters would be EXCELLENT. For example, the “Experience” filter allowed me to narrow my Sitters from 1,000 to 950. Not a terribly useful filter.

1 Like

I’d be very curious to see if this method works for you. I get invites all the time and while it’s flattering (?) it hasn’t once led me to actually apply as I am someone who is proactively looking for the sits that appeal to me based on my schedule, pet preferences and places I’d like to go. I expect most experienced sitters are the same and not waiting for a random invitation just based on their number of reviews and not even reading their profile or checking their calendar to see if they are even available.

4 Likes

@MojaveForever Ditto for all your points! I’ve had exactly the same experience as you being invited to housesits: I cannot recall one of the 66 for which I’ve been rated that happened because I was invited (yes, flattering).

1 Like

Make that 4 reviews. I just got one more tonight. Hooray!!

7 Likes

@IHeartAnimals Congratulations on your latest review! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you really appreciate it

2 Likes

Do keep us posted @Samson on how your experiment goes.

1 Like

It sounds like so much work knowing there’s little chance of payoff! I also don’t accept sits I’m invited to as I would rather choose ones that appeal to me, and dates often don’t work anyway. I’m curious why you decided to do it this way? It must be a very appealing sit opportunity for you to require sitters with that many reviews, since they would have a lot of choice. So monitoring applications as they come in and rejecting those who aren’t acceptable to you seems like it would be much easier?

It would be really nice to get a brief acknowledgement of my application - I think one I applied for a while ago is waiting to get 5 - which has left me looking at other sits.

Yes…don’t forget us newbies… :blush: :blush: :blush:

It may help if you link your profile to the forum - as I have no way of finding you listing

Please don’t overlook us newbies - we all have to start with THS somewhere :blush:
Many of us have lots of animal experience too.

@Samson have you found a sitter yet ? How did it work out ? Did you have to lower the bar ? (Number of reviews ) Interested to know the end of the story .

yes, I’d be very interested in that too.
Perhaps you found a sitter that had a similar system in place and you both found each other using this 10 step approach!?