Anchorage, AK. Meet-up 31 Jul -14 Aug

Hi, I’ll be in Anchorage for a couple of weeks. Anyone interested in a meet -up?

2 Likes

@Newpetlover

I have been in Alaska since June 30 (not using THS…I didn’t want pet responsibilities)! Leaving on August 02 but from Fairbanks!

Enjoy The Last Frontier!

DM me if you need anything to do in the Anchorage area.

Thanks for your answer. It’s a pitty I’ll miss you.
I’ll do a combination of AirB&B and cat sitting. I’ll also go to Fairbanks at the end of August hoping to get a chance of seeing the Northern lights.
Any recommendations for Fairbanks or Anchorage?

Hi @Newpetlover

Just bumping this thread incase there are any other members in Anchorage, Alaska until August 14th who would like to join in.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

I am not in Anchorage right now but we visit our daughter who lives there, often. We are looking for a house sit option for the end of Dec into Jan when our daughter has ski races so we can cheer her on. If you know of anyone who might need a HS around that time please let us know.

Right now I’m at an Airbnb and I don’t know anyone here. I will start petsitting on Friday, I can ask. I’ll let you know if anything comes up.

Great, thank you so much!

Rachelle

Hi @Newpetlover

Just boosting this thread again for visibility incase there are any other members in Anchorage, Alaska until August 14th who would like to join in.

Thanks. There isn’t much sitting activity here.

1 Like

Hello!

I have been busy traveling, NOT near a computer, fortunately. But now, back to the real world.

You will see very few northern lights, the best time to see them is in the winter…March ideally as it isn’t so cold. August, you still have a lot of daylight. In early July, you could read the fine print of a newspaper at 3 AM…and head lights were not needed. In early August…headlights were needed around 23:00 - 04:45. Fairbanks will have much better northern lights in August than Anchorage.