Meet up in Alaska

Are there any housesitters in or around Anchorage April and May 2024 that would like to meet up for a coffee or a hike or a show?

3 Likes

@Gabba , I hope some other members see this and are able to meet.
I wish I were there to join you. I have wanted to see Alaska for years and love coffee, shows and hiking. Keep us posted.

4 Likes

Hi Gabba,

Alaska is great and I hope you find someone to meet up with. I typically work in southeast Alaska ( Sitka on Baranof Island) seasonally but not until late June or July. I’ve spent many years working and living in a few different areas of Alaska, so if you have any questions give me a shout. Anchorage being the main city, although just over 200,000 people has some good eateries, museums and hiking. It’s position on Cook Inlet provides beautiful views across the inlet. Will you have a car? How long are you there for? Again, let me know if you’d like suggestions.

2 Likes

Yes please any suggestions greatly appreciated

Head to the Kenai Peninsula it’s roughly 2 hours from Anchorage to Seward or 3 plus hours to Homer. Girdwood a charming hamlet about an hour south on the Seward highway is also a fun and worthwhile day trip. Whittier past Girdwood where you drive through a tunnel which opens and closes on certain intervals is funky and unique. A stunning location on Prince William sound. Also in that area is the Alaska Wildlife Conservation center where you can see Endemic Wildlife and they have educational tours and programs.

4 Likes

Thank you very much

What part of Anchorage is your sit?

Here’s are some links with more info

2 Likes