Anchorage, AK sits

Hello! I’ll be in Anchorage from April2nd-May22! Please consider me as an excellent candidate and spread the word to your trusted friends who may also need support! Thanks all

I’m new to the website but I wanted to put this out there incase anyone in Anchorage is on the fence about traveling!

4 Likes

I admire your take charge attitude. Good luck!

1 Like

Hello @Mccuea123 and welcome to the forum. If you’re a TrustedHouseSitters member, you may want to add a link to your profile in your forum username. I’ll add a link to the instructions here:

adding your listing to your forum profile

If you have yet to join THS, then I’ll add a link so that you can see the many benefits of becoming a member.

becoming a THS member

Wishing you happy and safe travels.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

3 Likes

Hi. I am new to the forum and have not signed up yet with TH. I have a home in Palmer (about 40 miles from Anchorage) with one easy going cat. I want to take off to Europe in April and just trying to figure out what to do with Lucky. I have cat sitters who can come in and check on him, but I think for 2 or more weeks at a time he would be too lonely. What are the chances of a sitter wanting a 2-3 weeks in Palmer area in April?

Hi @AKcat and welcome to the forum. I hope the forum is giving you some idea of the diversity of THS sitters.

I just did a search for Alaska for sits and there are two, both for the spring. Both have multiple applicants. Many people also find sitting for cats gives them more freedom to explore the area. However, sitters are finding it far more expensive to rent vehicles, almost prohibitive for many, and so use of a vehicle, or no need for one, usually will attract more sitters. Something for you to think about.

I’m assuming that if someone is flying in, they come to Anchorage. If so, in your listing (if you join) if you can provide information on how easy it is to get to Palmer, or whether you would be willing to pick up and return people to the airport, that’s sometimes helpful. Some homeowners make arrangements to have sitters drive them to and from the airport, leaving the vehicle with the sitters, so also saving the homeowner airport parking fees.

There are so many variables that can make it even more of a win-win for everyone. Needless to say, Lucky will be the real winner as it’s far more fun to have housemates who will pamper him. Some pets are treated so well it’s like a vacation for them too. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have a neighbor that will come in and do daily checks on the cat when it is smaller trips. Used another site that was free and had a couple come up from Missouri for 28 days to cat sit this summer. Will be in town this winter and hopefully after that be able to travel a lot more.

True about leaving AK in the summer and fall…I spent my 28 days camping…McCarthy, Kennicott, Valdez, Fairbanks, Denali, Seward, and Homer. I would be gone a lot more if I did not have the cat. And it really isn’t my cat, it’s my son’s and he cannot have a cat at his house… Enjoy NZ, it is on my list of places to see. Just got back form Iceland… And want to go to Mexico for a week.

1 Like