Are homeowners happy to accept foreign sitters yet?

I’d be interested to know whether home owners are accepting Housesitters from foreign parts. I’m from the UK and currently housesitting around the UK but would hope to travel abroad next year and housesit.
I’m double jabbed against Covid-19 and will soon have my booster and annual flu jab.
Thanks

4 Likes

Yes, we just accepted an American couple for December. But this time we did so, because they already are traveling in Europe otherwise I would have been reluctant.

1 Like

Where are you from?

1 Like

I’m from the US and have a pair of UK sits scheduled in Dec and am talking with some folks about a 3rd at the end of the pair.
Also have 4 UK sits scheduled in the spring so yes, some folks in the UK are accepting foreign sitters.
With Singapore’s announcement I see that 2 sits have been posted for Singapore - its tempting but the timing only works for 1 of them for me and since I travel on frequent flyer miles, not sure that I can swing a ticket.

5 Likes

I live in Germany :de:

Good luck Tom and enjoy your sits in the UK

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Hope it goes well :blush:

3 Likes

Hi @SandC welcome to our community forum.

A month in France how wonderful you must come back and let us know more, where you will be, what pets you are sharing your time with … all of the things we love about our lifestyle.

Thank you for joining our community and enjoy connecting with our members from around the world. We look forward to sharing in your time in France. Safe and happy travels, let us know when you have “landed”

Angela & The Team

3 Likes

I am North American (US) and have 3 very happy and anxious UK members waiting for my return visit. Now 6 weeks confirmed in the Spring and two weeks in August. Others are also in discussion but waiting since it is such a long way off yet.

5 Likes

All the very best Amparo

2 Likes

Thank you!
Keep smiling :blush:

2 Likes

Yes they are, thank goodness. We were going stir crazy. It was nice to spend some time in our home country (UK) but we have to get back out. We are currently in Brittany until the beginning of November then Panama for two months. In talks with several people about where then but ultimately want to head to BC, Canada or even Alaska for the summer.
Exciting times.

4 Likes

Hope it all goes according to plan

1 Like

We most certainly would welcome foreign sitters in our home. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What about strange and unusual? :dancer: :rofl:

1 Like

5 Likes

I’m based in the UK and applying to sits in the states for next year.

I’m finding that lots of HO seem to be nervous of having a non-Us based sitter :confused:.

I really hope that improves.

1 Like

We are based in US, but will be overseas in the spring, for an extended stay. I’m so pleased that we’ve been confirmed for our very first sit in the UK during the summer. We hope to find more sits in the summer, before we head back to the US.

5 Likes

Our experience as well. It’s an education applying for US sits. They ask strange and unusual questions and seem to be obsessed with insurance of any type.

1 Like

Not all of us :wink:
But I rarely fit into the “they” category :rofl:

3 Likes