Are there sitters interested in sitting for a house in Qatar?

Hi there, I’m a registered owner here on TrustedHousesitters. I’ve introduced a family member of mine living in Qatar to TrustedHouseSitters. She is very keen to to join and create a listing (as a pet owner requiring a sitter for 2 cats and birds at their home in Qatar) but was worried because there are currently no other house listings in Qatar. I was wondering if there are any sitters out there who would be interested in sitting for a house Qatar. I realise there are no guarantees, but just as an indication as to whether or not it would be helpful for her to join. Thank you!

1 Like

I would say yes. If the dates fit and sitters are curious about a certain country, they will find their way there. I see lots of sits for e.g. Dubai, and if there is one that is enticing enough for our personal circumstances and requirements, then we would seriously consider applying for it. It can be an adventure for the right sitter/s. The Dubai sits always seem to disappear pretty quickly, if that’s any help!

1 Like

Yes, I am. In fact, I am actively looking for sits from time to time but thus far found none

EDIT: p.s. BUT, I have done short visits to Doha numerous times (lived in Dubai for 8 years) so I know what to expect

2 Likes

Hi @Alda_Smith having lived in Doha for 18 months I believe there will be any number of sitters who would like the opportunity to experience a sit in Qatar and if they are Soccer Fans and the sit is during the World Cup tournament, even if they don’t go to a game the atmosphere will be one to experience and will no doubt last long after the tournament has ended.

World Cup 2022: Dates, draw, schedule, kick-off times, final for Qatar tournament | Football News | Sky Sports.

2 Likes

We are headed there around March next year and would love to housesit while there. Our dates are totally flexible so please tell her to get in touch. 47 5 star sits and loads of experience.

1 Like

If the dates worked for me and I could afford the transportation, given the flight volatility, I’d definitely be interested in Qatar as a sit destination. I’m sure many others would be as well.

3 Likes

I would say it needs people to start joining from countries that aren’t currently listed with sits, that way it will encourage other owners from unlisted countries to join. Well done for your question and hope that she signs up. There are already some potential sitters as you see

6 Likes

Sure, Qatar is a transportation hub so I’m confident you’ll get interest in your listing. It’s a pity actually that there are so few sits outside UK / US / Australia. We also know people in Dubai who have been pet sitting locally to save on rent.

5 Likes

I think she’ll find interest among sitters. Especially if it’s 1 week or longer sits. We’re traveling from Europe to New Zealand between Feb 5-March 10 and would certainly be interested in a sit in Qatar.

5 Likes

I agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Angela_L I have passed on your feedback to my sister.

1 Like

Yes definitely! We will be there for a week in February, no accomodation booked yet so let us know if you need a sitter :slight_smile:

1 Like