As an owner how to I reach out to sitters who have saved/favourited my listing?

@Joanne it was through the THS website. I did invite the HO to join the forum but they never did and I see now they have found a sitter.

1 Like

For THS Staff:

In our THS website Inbox I have tagged two exchanges with a yellow label for “THS Staff Review” These were not invitations but only inquiries. Feel free to look into them how were they send.

I also have had messages from HOs without an invite to sit so it can be done for sure.

1 Like

Hi @BunnyCat Therese is offline now but I’m tagging @Therese-Moderator for when she comes online a little later, so she can look into this for you and see if she can see how you got this outcome.

2 Likes

This makes the original question very clear. I just recrived an invite to sit and was worried about accepting it thinking I am immediately committed to the sit. But by your explanation its an opportunity to start dialogue about the sit.

2 Likes

@Vanessa-ForumCMgr just to clarify we don’t have an issue with these direct messages, since they provide an opportunity for a good conversation between owners and sitters. We try to help owners improve their listing and we point them to the Forum so they can further connect with other members. On the other hand blank non-personalized invitations to sit are promptly rejected.

2 Likes

Got you… I understood you wanted to know how you sent a message without an invite and hopefully MS team can check that in your account for you. If we know how you did it we can share with others :slight_smile: Many thanks

1 Like

I just sent this text to two sitters I applied for a couple weeks ago, thanks to the input on this forum.

"Good morning.
I hope you had time to check out our application for the house/pet sit you posted on Trusted Housesitters.
We know deciding on the best fit is tricky, and some owners like to wait until they receive several applicants before deciding.
In our case we receive invites from homeowners and in this case received an invite from a homeowner that overlaps the dates you posted.
Would you be so kind to let us know the status of your house/petsitter posting?
Thank you for your time,
Russell Mann

5 Likes

Hi there;
I do not believe that you can initiate a conversation without an invitation (or an application on the part of the sitter).
An invitation is not an a request to confirm but rather an invite to apply and initiate conversation but I will tag those that may be able to provide information with certainty.
@Vanessa-ForumCMgr @Angela-HeadOfCommunity

Whoops see they’re on it :smiley:

Thanks @Amparo we are indeed “on it” :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @BunnyCat Apologies for the late reply. Thank you, I have seen your message labels in your inbox.
To confirm, homeowner’s can certainly contact sitters at any point to see if they are available for sits. This will appear as an Invite/message. On the App, you would need to put in dates, either public or private dates, however, on the website, a homeowner can message a sitter without putting in dates. (at the time, there is a message asking to send dates but homeowners can bypass this … Send anyway).
Either way, Invites are fundamentally a means of making that initial contact so members can connect further. To commit to the sit is a two fold process, whereby both the homeowner have to agree on either side, so this makes it more formal.
I hope I have managed to explain it properly, but please let me know if you need any further explanation.
Kind regards
Therese

4 Likes

Great to have this clarified, thanks!

2 Likes