Been forgotten by new THS HOs

The strangest week….an application for an international house sit which received a quick positive response & then 3/4 messages back and forth to chat and a VT 36 hours later. An hours call with plenty of pet/experience/planning/flight chat and even the offer from the HO to pay our flights (which we declined due to THS rules) with the sign off of “we will have a quick chat tonight & confirm but all good for us”. Nothing a day later so sent a flight follow up bit of info & a great to chat note. Nothing. 36 hours later again we left a what’s app voice note to say “hope all is okay. We’re in your hands now to send us an invite so If you’ve changed your mind no problem, please let us know as we will open our diary back up. But do get in touch either way.” It’s now 3 full days later and still radio silence…:flushed::flushed: I know we can cancel & walk away. That’s not the issue. It’s just so odd and I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. They were super keen & seemed very normal, straightforward folks?!

2 Likes

This is very strange and I would recommend that you make a phone call to them rather than messages. There may have been a family emergency or illness and only speaking to them will reveal the reason
Good luck

2 Likes

Thanks @Itchyfeet - I thought the voice note was a good plan rather than an email but yes, we can try a call. I did think about an emergency…will update you :+1:

1 Like

Okay, tried the number we all talked on and it says “this number is not registered on what’s app. Call failed.” Stranger and stranger thought Alice :smirk:

Is their listing still active as in looking for a sitter?

1 Like

Yes, just says “currently not in need of a sitter” which they turned on after their first five applications…

1 Like

I would contact THS and tell them the story, they could check if the HO have chosen someone else and if not, maybe contact them on your behalf just to see if there re any problems

1 Like

Thanks @Colin - I will

Hi @Cuttlefish
With the new pausing listing feature which is still under test, after the homeowner receives 5 applicants, the pause button is automatically applied. They will need to decline some applicants to be able to ‘unpause’ and open up their listing again.
Looking at it, I think they are still working through the 5 applicants. They are new to the website, so may be a bit slower in working through things and how everything works. We do have pop ups on their dashboard to say, they need to confirm their sitters as soon as possible.
I hope this helps a little.
Kind regards
Therese

They weren’t going to interview anyone else when we spoke so seems unlikely. The what’s app now being “unavailable” is also a red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: for something odd going on

2 Likes

This really is very strange. As you’re not confirmed as sitters I would apply elsewhere.

2 Likes

We’re on the case :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Update is that they’re fine and apparently didn’t get any of the messages on the app or the voice note and call on what’s app so didn’t know to respond and were just taking their time to decide……

2 Likes

So have you been confirmed then or are they still deciding? You look good to me……:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Smiley :blush:- we were approached this morning for a repeat sit in Switzerland :switzerland: so have taken that instead :+1:

5 Likes

Good news!

1 Like

Sounds a good idea. Too many red flags on the other.
Enjoy Switzerland