Best automatic feeder for cat

Can anyone suggest a feeder for cat? Having tried out two feeders,and researched others on-line, I am disappointed with the products so far. My experience so far is:

1. No clock and fixed time schedule - every 12 hours or every eight hours, with no clock to start the time.
  2. Fixed amounts of dry food of 20 grams per serve. My cat eats 70 grams per day so this means three automatic feeds and one hand feed.
  3. Inconsistent delivery of serves.
    My cat eats at 6am, 8am, 3pm and 6pm. With 70 grams spread over the day. His weight is being managed at the moment.
    I would appreciate some recommendations. Thank you

@SiriusBlack1 We have used several automatic cat feeders during housesits, but sadly can not remember the exact ones and as the owner had already set them up I can not answer your exact questions about them.
But this article has several and they mention being able to program your own time, have larger servings of food etc. Have a look as each one is reviewed in detail.

I hope that helps :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I use to use the Honey Guardian Automatic Feeder. Digital time set, mulitple times you can set it to go off and you can set a preset amount of food to come out. I used it for cats and it was GREAT!

There are many cat feeders available in the market with varying features and price ranges. Based on your requirements, here are a few recommendations:

1. PetSafe Smart Feed Automatic Cat Feeder: This feeder allows you to set up to 12 daily meal times with a portion size ranging from 1/8 cup to 4 cups. You can also control the feeder using a mobile app, which allows you to schedule, monitor, and control your cat’s feeding remotely.
  2. SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder: This feeder uses your cat’s microchip to ensure that only your cat can access the food. It can also be programmed to dispense up to 12 meals a day and is suitable for wet or dry food.
  3. Cat Mate C500 Automatic Pet Feeder: This feeder has five compartments that can hold up to 11.5 ounces of dry or wet food. You can program up to five feeding times, and the feeder also has a manual feed button for on-demand feeding.
  4. WOPET Automatic Pet Feeder: This feeder can dispense up to four meals a day, with a portion size ranging from 2 teaspoons to 4.5 cups. It also has a built-in voice recorder that allows you to record a message for your pet to hear when it’s time to eat.

These are just a few options, but there are many more available on the market. Be sure to read reviews and compare features to find the feeder that best suits your needs and your cat’s feeding schedule.

Hi @SiriusBlack1 I know you’re in Australia and these might not be available outside of the UK but I guess if you compare features then you may find an equivalent model online or in a store …

Thank you, sounds fantastic. I hope I can get it in Australia.

Thank you, this is excellent.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this helpful information, K

1 Like

We have two Cat Mate C500. We use it for wet food. You can set it up to rotate up to 4 times a day. One of the 5 compartments is always open. It is not a dispenser. You would have to make the portions yourself. I don’t know if that is what you want to avoid.

The issue we had with wet food is that it goes bad when it’s too warm for a longer period of time. But it was useful to make sure the cats were fed at the same time every day. For dry food, you would not have the issue we had as it does not go bad as quickly.

However, once the machine rotates to the next compartment, the leftover food will no longer be available for the cat. I don’t know if that is an issue. :thinking:

Same as the last comment, we have the Cat Mate C500 and has worked perfect with our cat. She used to be really anxious towards food and now she patiently waits until the carousel rotates (she already knows the noise it makes :joy:) four times a day, and on the 5th meal because it is open, we feed her wet food. However this model in particular brings ice packs, so in theory you should be absolutely fine to use wet food all the time, provided that you don’t leave it there for too long.

1 Like

Sorry this is a late reply, but actually in relation to what I mentioned about the CatMate C500, I came across this blog (The 7 Best Automatic Cat Feeders in 2023 - PetTech Solutions) which might be helpful for any cat owners looking into automatic feeders for cats, in addition to the reviews mentioned a few comments ago. I guess it depends on your cat’s food preferences (?), as if they like dry food more, then it is easier to go with a food dispenser.