Book Club: Ongoing discussion for future books

Hello All,

After a brief hiatus, the Trusted Housesitters Book Club is back! We are hoping for many new members!

We were fortunate to have the authors of each of our previous selections in attendance. This may not be the case going forward, as many of the books on this list are by renowned authors who command a hefty fee for their appearances. I will, however, where possible attempt to contact them.

Why should you join? Besides the fact that it’s very cool to meet forum friends you had heretofore only known by their forum user names, reading and discussing books will exercise your mind, expand your knowledge, broaden your interests, make you better read, foster new friendships and make for a good time!

I have compiled a preliminary list of titles that have been suggested, plus some new ones. Please take a look at these. If there are others you find intriguing, please add your suggestions to the list over the next few days. We will then take a vote.

The suggestions include Travels with Charley, Nobel laureate, John Steinbeck’s tale about a road trip across America with his French poodle, Charley; Can’t Hurt Me - Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by the only member of the U.S. Armed Forces ever to complete Navy SEAL training, U.S. Army Ranger School, and Air Force Tactical Air Controller training, a sought-after motivational speaker; What the Dog Saw, ingenious observations of modern-day life by the author of The Tipping Point, Blink and Outliers; The Empress and the English Doctor: How Catherine the Great defied a deadly virus, a historical thriller about the race to beat smallpox; The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store, a novel about small town secrets and the people who keep them. Named Best Book of the Year by NPR/Fresh Air, Washington Post, New Yorker and Time Magazine; The Bee Sting, a tragi-comedy about an Irish family, winner of multiple awards, named a Best Book of the Year by NPR, The Guardian, The Economist, New York Public Library, BBC, and more, shortlisted for the Booker Prize; and Plunge, a nomad writes of her world travels by land and sea with her husband and dog.

Can’t Hurt Me - Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store
The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store

5 Likes