Cairo or Luxor? - Help us to decide!

I love Egypt. You’ve gotten great advice here so I just came on to say have a wonderful trip. For just a week I think I might have to do Aswan/Abu Simbel and Luxor. Cairo has so much to offer. OK just stay longer if you can you won’t regret it. I think Egyptians are the nicest people I’ve met overall.

1 Like

Hi @ziggy!
I came here looking for you and voila!
I will be in Cairo for a month, on a sit (yay me, thank you).! I’ve talked and will be talking at length with my host, pet parent but anything you want o share or direct me to please do if you have time. I’m a good researcher just looking for some friendly wisdom.
X

1 Like

Hey @Amparo great to see you again! Please feel free to DM me with anything you would like to know about Cairo or Egypt, I have spent a lot of time there. I’m like you insofar as researching and I think I should actually change my surname to “Researcher” :laughing: Hope all is good in your world x

1 Like

It’s been a long time, but after working on the Tutankhamen Exhibition in two different cities in the 70’s I just had two visit Egypt in combination with one of many trips to Europe. If it were me definitely Luxor. The Valley of the Kings is a must for anyone interested in ancient history and art along with Luxor Temple and my favorite site Karnak. My advice is to spend a little extra for a good hotel to have a comfortable, cool accommodation with a good restaurant. After Luxor we returned to Cairo and were not careful about where we ate. We then flew to Paris where we both spent two days seeing little more than our hotel bathroom. Cairo is interesting for sure and has some great places to visit, but it’s a bit too crazy for my tastes. Visit the Pyramids, the Museum and a mosque or two and the bazaar and then head to Luxor

4 Likes