Can I list overlapping dates?

As sitters can’t book, let alone apply for overlapping sits, I wondered if I, being a homeowner, could post overlapping dates?
Does anyone have a clue?

Just curious as to why a HO would need to do this? I suspect the best way to find out would be to try it. You could list a dummy set of dates and then delete them if it doesn’t work. :thinking:

What if my dates are flexible and by overlapping them the sitters can apply, which they wouldn’t be able to if I only posted the possible beginning and end dates, but the sit would actually be shorter?

Example:
I want to travel for 2 weeks and the timeframe is from April 1st to April 30th.
If I can post dates like
1-15
7-21
15-30
they can choose which ones fit best, apply and we sort out the details of the dates later.

I want to make sure ALL sitters can apply. With the new rule of not allowing overlapping dates for sitters, this also means restricting applications.

1 Like

Interesting workaround. It would be interesting to see if the system lets you. I suspect it will as the coding has been written specifically to prevent sitters overlapping but probably not changed from a HO perspective. Only one way to find out :grin:.

I am very good at finding workarounds :wink:

2 Likes

@Pawtastic - Necessity is the Mother of Invention.
It shouldn’t have to be this way!

3 Likes

What a fantastic HO you are to think of doing that :heart_eyes:, but it should be THS that changes the silly and pointless new overlapping dates change it has now put in place, it shouldn’t be down to HO’s or sitters to try to come up with ways to cheat a new change that is completely flawed for all full time sitters, that make up such a big chunk of this site.

3 Likes

It would also be a good workaround for the limit on five applications! :slight_smile:

This way, you could get 15. Or more.

Exactly :wink::clap:t3:

@pietkuip - and make contact with all those sitters to see if any are suitable. The homeowner could then send private invites in future so there would be even less public dates available to sitters :thinking:

2 Likes

As far as I know you can’t even do dates that start and end on the same day. If I recall correctly some owners wanted to break a long sit up and weren’t able to do 1-14 and 14-28. They had to have 1-14 and 15-28 and put in the description that the first sitter would have to stay until the second arrived or second come early. Not sure if they ever fixed that.

I am going to find out…:wink: