Can we get some input on our first listing? Not getting many applications

Thanks for the advice! I actually added a shot of the back yard last night!

Aussi, je suis vraiment désolé de la façon dont mon gouvernement a traité nos amis canadiens au cours des derniers mois. So so sorry.

Also, I am truly sorry for the way my government has treated our Canadian friends over the past few months. So, so sorry.

(Translation added by the Forum Team via Google Translate).

It makes me so sad to hear this, but I can’t blame you :sad:

As a European sitter, the only thing that would put me off your sit (apart from the toilet seat being up!) is that it’s so short.
I’m not convinced by all the [US policy] messages. After all, your biggest base of potential sitters is in the US itself.

(Edited in line with posting guidelines)

It sounds like a wonderful sit and your home is lovely. Two applicants now, so hopefully one is a good fit. If not, I’d change your title as sitters only see the first 5-6 words. Maybe: Spacious Sunlit Home Near Nature & Town or something similar?

Don’t kid yourself. The [US policy] factor is huge. Canadian travel to the US has dropped by 45 percent and therefore TH applications have likely dropped by a similar amount. Our airlines have canceled “All” routes to Florida and opening ones in Mexico and Europe instead. Yeah! That’s good news for me.

(Edited in line with posting guidelines)

Hi, it is confusing to me in your listing if the sitter is being offered a real bed, vs a queen sofa bed. I did finally confirm with notes on pictures that there is a real bed, but many will not see this. I believe the platform does not make a good way to make this clear in amenities. I would suggest early on in the house description something about queen bed in comfortable guest room, with additional pullout bed available in mezzanine if needed. It is very important to a lot of us sitters where we sleep. I find the sit inviting otherwise.

Yes, but that’s because of protest reactions, not anything actually being imposed by US Border Control.

What @Garfield said - all of it! Your listing looks great but I got nervous when I saw the futon. If you don’t explicitly state that the sitter can sleep in the larger bed, they might be concerned they’ll end up on the futon (it happens). I’m one of the sitters that prefers to sleep with the pets, but I get that some don’t like that; just letting us know ahead of time which camp your kitties fall into is all that is needed. For me, kitty purrs are the best sleep medicine.

It looks like you got lots of applicants now - here’s hoping your first sit is a great one!

Don’t really understand your response. TH removed my explanation that it is actually illegal in most countries to housesit without a work permit. The US and canada both consider it work therefore any foreigner taking on housesitting in america is leaving themself open to being jailed. Canada continues to ignore that particular law so its still safe to housesit in canada. If TH erases my explanation of the law again then my response won’t make any sense. So one could say TH is encouraging members to break the law in most countries.

You bring up a point that few realize, I think: If you put captions on your photos, those show up ONLY in the app, NOT if you’re using THS on a computer. I typically review listings on my computer, which means any explanations the HO puts on the photos, like “This is the King bed you will sleep in”, are invisible to me.