Can you have a listing without Pets?

I am new to THS and have been discussing my plans to find sitters through THS . I personally am quite glad to have found your organization as we have always tried to get friends to stay while we are away but that’s not always possible. Anyway, my "pet"less neighbor likes the idea of someone staying at their house when they are away and asked if THS does sits without pets? So I figured I’d ask on their behalf in this forum.

4 Likes

Hi @Trudzie and welcome! Most sits do include pets but not all, some people like your neighbour just prefer the idea of their property being occupied when they are away. Your neighbour can certainly list a sit without pets.

3 Likes

Hi @Trudzie
There is a listing at the moment, Windsor, England with no pets. Has 12 to 15 applicants which illustrates what @Lindsay has said.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Housesitters can offer security, caring for plants, checking mail, receiving packages, keeping the house maintained,etc. This exchange is still a win/win, even if no pets are involved.

2 Likes

Hi @Trudzie welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining and also for asking on behalf on your neighbor.

Most owners who come to the site are seeking pet care however there is no better care also for a home and garden, or plants. Having a home occupied (and loved) as opposed to empty is not only preferable for the owner but also for the insurance company … imagine, having a power outage, which last long enough to affect the freezer and coming home to rotting food and flooded floor when a sitter would have handled the situation and owners would come back to a well valeted home with no disasters.

Please invite your friends to join our community … and thank you for joining, we look forward to sharing in your THS journey.

Angela and the Team

2 Likes

Hi Trudzie and welcome to the forum. We are a living example of a couple currently house sitting with no pets. We’ve been sitting pets for almost a decade, but during Covid lockdowns we were offered a 2nd home property to look after in France which has turned into a long term assignment. The owners wanted someone to maintain the house… look after and monitor for any maintenance issues in their absence, and arrange any necessary repairs. And of course keep it secure. We are fortunate that they don’t mind us doing the odd regional pet sit to get our time with pets! And, it’s always nice when there’s a neighbour with pets to get some cuddles or walk the dog :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We have been pet parents and homeowners on here and are transitioning to Housesitter’s and our first assignment is pet-free. No cuddles this time but lets us build credibility with other homeowners before they leave us with their fur babies and provides house security for the homeowners in a country where it’s best not to leave your house unattended.

2 Likes

One of our best sits ever was without pets. The owner wanted a presence in their home while they were away. It was very isolated and had massive grounds round it. We were housed in the converted stable block and our remit was to walk around the house and grounds morning and evening to make sure everything was as it should be. That was it! Only thing missing was an energetic dog.
Elsie

2 Likes