Cancellation notice on profile

We had a cancellation from our sitter. Now we have problems to find new ones. Because it is a long sit of 2 months. We did contact the trustedhousesitter team. They put it back on top of the list. We are on several facebook sites and searching alot. I think it is to bad thats not possible to make a review of a sitter who has canceled. Because i think all other homeowners should know if someone is not reliable. Cancelations are causing alot of problems. So i think thise sitter should have some sort of a notice on the profile that they allready had canceled sits

3 Likes

When’s the sit @Commbi85, where is it and how long is it for? You can add your listing to your profile and get member feedback and tips if useful. If it’s within 7 days you can also post it on last minute sits. It’s super annoying when either sitters or HOs cancel without good reason & there should be a monitoring/rating system (but there isn’t :roll_eyes:). Hopefully youcan get some help on here. #onwardsandupwards

Sorry your Guest cancelled. Did they provide a valid reason or cancelled without one? HO’s cancel too, so there should be a way to track cancellations for both. I just had three sits cancel with two HO’s for invalid reasons. There were zero consequences from THS and I, just like you, am trying to figure out what to do now. Pretty stressful.

3 Likes

I am sorry that happened and I know it is frustrating, but I don’t think noting cancellations on profiles is a good idea for a number of reasons. From the sound of your message, it sounds like the sitter perhaps did not have a very valid reason to cancel. If that is the case, you can notify THS who claims to monitor these ‘flaky sitters.’

First, there would probably be no context as to why a sitter cancelled. And there are many legitimate reasons to cancel a sit. I have had one myself when my mother was diagnosed with cancer and I needed to help her recover from a major surgery.

Secondly, the number of cancellations noted may not in any way indicate an unreliable sitter. Let’s say someone has plans to sit for an extended period ,and has booked a dozen sits over the next few months, but unexpectedly has a health problem and needs to cancel all of them. I don’t think it would be fair for those 12 cancellations to be noted on their profile.

Good luck finding a replacement!

7 Likes

That could be very attractive. Sure, many sitters who are interested in long sits are nomads who plan a year in advance, but there are also others. For example a retiree like myself. Most of the time I have no definite plans.

2 Likes

Hi, would you mind linking your sit?

Cancellations can happen for a lot of reasons, some genuine and others not so.
A lot of HO always recommend to have a backup plan, they are the best to gain advice from in this case.
I’m not sure effective naming and shaming on the sitters profiles is a good thing though

2 Likes