I was just offered a sit that I applied for by a first-time lister (HO), and they accidentally closed the sit (“Currently not in need of a sitter” appears) instead of offering it to me first. Does she need to re-list it? Or what does she do next. I don’t know what it looks like from her side as I only am familiar with the HS side.
I think they can do I personal invite. We have had several of these in the past when it was repeat sits. I can’t help how to do it but I’m sure one of our experts will pop up.
@SoloTraveler They should send you a private invite. Forward them this link or the instructions below:
If you have added private dates and you would like to make these public, you will just need to follow these steps (on our desktop site):
- Log in with your email address and password
- Depending on what device you are using either click your name or the three lines in the top right corner
- Select ‘Inbox’
- Locate and click into the conversation of a sitter to who you have sent the private invite (ensure that this invitation has not been declined by the sitter)
- In the blue box at the top click the pink ‘Manage private dates’ button
- Here you will see an option to mark your dates as public by clicking the ‘Publish your dates here’ button
I have had this happen 3 times!!! It must not be very user-friendly for new Owners! I message them back, explaining that they must have clicked the wrong button! Then they have to figure out how to fix it on their end. I wish TH would make it easier for the Owners.