Cancellation of Confirmed Sit

My thoughts exactly! My sitter cancelled on me three weeks before the sit, when I had booked her months in advance. Her reason? She was feeling “tired”… that’s it. It’s not like i was going to insist she comes anyway.

That is not fair, and not in the vein of THS.

We will not commit to a sit unless we are 100% sure. We actually don’t apply for a sit unless we are 100% sure.

1 Like

It was so disappointing and stressful. It happened to me back when I used Rover too, I don’t know. Are people just not able to stay committed to what they promise these days?

Bumping this back up as I got a cancellation this morning -
It was a local sit that I was driving to so not a big deal. But nothing about agreeing to the cancellation or “if you have any expenses, please advise so that we can help out.” Do I report this to mgmt for them to ding the HO?
The sit, BTW, is still listed as open in a search.
This is the 2nd cancellation I’ve gotten within a month. The first, a bit more understandable as it came with an explanation - that they’d had to put the dog down. This did involve flights, but was able to get a refund.
And another Chicago sit in a much better location but still have the dates open.

4 Likes

Er… it’s three months out. Why not just find another sit?

I’ve already found another sit -and in this case it isn’t costing me anything because I was planning to drive. In fact I’ve been able to fill in all of my cancelled sits. But if HOs expect us to abide by our commitments, can we have some expectations of them, too?

A cancellation from either side is meant to be agreed by both parties @Myhnabird according to the T & C’s, even though we know it doesn’t happen and it’s in the hands of owners who are the only ones who can actually do the cancellation.

1 Like