Cat people: Please provide tips for non-cat owners

What do you like to use for the litter box? There’s lots of types on the market; clumping, nonclumping, fragrance added, unscented even one with crystals that they claim can indicate if the cat has health problems. I’ve just been reading about the different types and the people who own or care for cats seem to have strong opinions on what they use. What do you like and why?

Admin Notice: Post Moderated Author Direct Messaged

I like World’s Best Litter. It is natural and flushable, which is very handy if the litterbox is near a toilet.

I don’t like the lightweight litter because the dust is horrendous.

For my very young foster kittens, I use non-clumping pine or newspaper pellets, in case they ingest it.

1 Like

@meow I also like the wood pellets. So much more environmentally friendly.

@AnnieNai I did one sit where the litter was a sort of crystals. It got everywhere and wasn’t nice to stand on in bare feet!

If you want to know everything abut cats I would recommend to everyone, cat owners or not, to watch Jackson Galaxy’s videos on YouTube. They have been really helpful for us. He is a cat behaviorist and he’s got ton of experience with them.
They are definitely not like dogs, they love their routine and this is one of the reasons why me and my partner decided to join THS.
to read them you need to look at their tail, pupil and hears. Definitely if the wag their tail is not a good sign.
Let them play and release their energy as they sleep for so long to prepare to “hunt.”
Some plants/ flowers are not suitable for them.

1 Like