CCTV & Low Applicantions

Hi everyone, just regd today and already confused!!

Somehow I managed to activate a show only low application sits - anyone know where it is s I can turn it off please?

Also - just struck me that some houses may have cctv recording equipment in or out of the house - do they need to declare this or do we need to ask?

Many thanks

Hello, @Jann I would like to extend you a very warm welcome to the community forum.

Here you can get lots of advice on how to get started and use the spyglass to search for and contribute to existing topics.

There is a help desk article about CCTV, which should help answer your question.

It sounds like you have selected the recommended in the ‘sort by’ filter in the search options. Are you using the desktop version or the app?

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 13.55.27

If you add the location you are looking to sit in and then click on the ‘sort by’ filter option, you can choose to see all new listings in that area here.

You can also add your TrustedHousesitters sitters profile to your forum profile so that way other members can view your profile and give you helpful feedback and tips to get started.

Here is how:

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

If you need any help do not hesitate to let me know.

Where are you looking to sit?

2 Likes

Hi Carla, Many thanks for that - cleared up the CCTV - was a little worried there!!

The other thing the low application was a badge - a choice - and because it said more chance of getting a sit because of the low applicants - I pressed yes!! Now cant find it again to turn off - it wasn’t in the new / recommended choices -

Were looking North of Yorkshire of possible but open to anywhere nice and quiet really.

kindest
Jann x

1 Like

Hello @Jann

I am glad that you feel more confident about the CCTV now :slight_smile: Never be worried to ask the owners and if they have it inside they need to disconnect it.

Okay, just to clarify, are you trying to see all of the new listings and not just the low applications ones?

It might be a little confusing as the recommended sits are the low-application ones. Apologies if there is any confusion. I will add screenshots of how to find the new listings on the desktop. If this is not what you mean then please let me know and I will gladly assist you further.

Selecting the ‘new’ and clicking ‘apply’ shows you the new listings rather than the low-application ones. Is this what you are looking for?

We did a wonderful 8-week sit in Bedale in North Yorkshire and it was such a beautiful area. I hope you find some amazing sits soon :grin: