Christmas and New Years

Hi fellow travelers. This is our first year with THS. We are hoping to find sits in warm places (northern USA is too cold) from November to January. Florida is the most convenient, but we are open to going anywhere.

Have any of the experienced sitters noticed a trend as to when sits for the winter (in warm places) begin to show up more frequently? We want to make sure we are ready to apply, especially in light of the five-applications pause.

Thank you!

If I were you Iā€™d start looking and applying immediately. Lots of sitters will already have their Christmas/New Year sits organised.

1 Like

Now!
There will be some that will wait to list as they are still making their own plans or are under the belief that waiting is better.
As do some sitters also wait.
But some of us do not.
Personally already booked and usually am sometimes greater than 6 months out.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice!

Thank you for the advice!

1 Like

FWIW - one sitters experience. I had C&NY booked up for 2021-22 months in advance. Would have been on 4 sits in the UK from 1 Dec - 5 Jan.
And then tested + for Covid on 28 Nov so ended up having to cancel all as I would have had to quarantine for 10 days on arrival. (One of the sits responded that they were just getting to send me a cancellation for the same reason; the others were all able to find replacements for me.)
I did quarantine at home (no symptoms) and began looking for US sits starting on 20 Dec. And ended up with multiple offers. So, you can get them early or you can get them late.

2 Likes