Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

Hi @Diamond this topic covers the Pausing Apps functionality and there is a full FAQ post on the website blog … Pausing owner applications: An update from Product Manager, Ben Cottrell | TrustedHousesitters.com

@Heather3 the problem as of now is…if the places you have as favorite are popular, then by the time you get a notice you will not be able to apply. You may get lucky and happen the see it in time but it hasn’t work out for me since the unmentionable rule started.

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Application pausing

@liffy, all info regarding pausing of applications can be found on it’s own thread. This post has been sent over there so all who are interested will be able to read.

May well be the unintended consequence of the new 5 applications rule but can someone explain to me how this rule benefits THS ?
As it is clearly disliked by the majority of sitters and owners alike, there must be something in it for THS themselves. Otherwise why bother implementing a change that has caused such oprobrium ?

8 Likes

Is THS ever going to send out an email to all members explaining that the 5 app pause has been initied? I know it’s been in a recent newsletter and if you search the blog you can find it but as it is such a drastic policy change, an email is very much needed. More people will read the email and it would be agood opportunity for more real feedback - depending on how you ohrase the questions.

8 Likes

Let us hope so - this has been raised numerous times. We were also told that once we start writing an application it will go through but apparently that isn’t happening either :triumph:

6 Likes

@Twitcher if you start to make an application, we now allow the application to go through.

Thanks, Ben

1 Like

Thank you @Ben-ProductManager for responding to my query about being unable to complete an application once started.
Unfortunately it was on the closed thread so I could not respond there.
A fellow sitter saw a listing with 2 applicants and started an application. The box opened but once she had completed her application it said it couldn’t be sent as the homeowner was now reviewing applications. She wasn’t happy.

3 Likes

@Twitcher if you start to make an application, we now allow the application to go through.

Thanks, Ben

What are your thoughts about the 5 application pause policy that was announced in the newsletter 10/10/2022? THS permanently closed the Pausing Application Test topic so this may be the only way to share thoughts about it now.

4 Likes

For about one minute until it gets shut down :joy:

5 Likes

yes, this thread won’t last long :frowning: FWIW, I hate the pause policy, both as a HO and sitter.

12 Likes

Still plenty of people reading the closed thread.

4 Likes

I just received an email with a survey link:

Is this going to everyone? It purports to want my opinion in general, so is an opportunity to mention the ‘5’ policy. I haven’t filled it in though.

1 Like

I just received it - very short and a couple of questions.
Basically would you recommend and if not why not.
Needless to say I did complete it - for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

Yes - well the truth is now I don’t recommend TH where I often did in the ten years I was member before this policy-change.

11 Likes

I have also been a member for ten years - no longer recommend and have taken off my auto renew so doubtful I will be a member beyond April 2023.

13 Likes

As of 11/17/2022, there were 1070 posts - 80 more than when the topic was permanently closed on 09/29/2022. Those posts occurred because the topic had been discussed in other forum topics and THS moved the posts into the closed forum. THS continues to move posts about the topic into the closed forum.

The problems are (1) moving posts into the closed topic doesn’t allow for follow-up comments and (2) it doesn’t allow THS members to post directly about the 5-application pause into a topic on this new policy.

As 80 additional posts about this topic have occurred in various topics on the THS forum in less than 2 months since THS permanently closed the forum, it is obvious that there is continued interest in discussing the new policy.

9 Likes

I am surprised the Pausing of Applications thread is still there to view. One day it will magically disappear.

6 Likes