Covid testing for my return to the US from visiting the UK

As of April 2022, I must have a negative Covid test no more than one day before my return flight from London Heathrow to the US. Any tips on the cheapest way to do it, and the best places to get it done? I will be in the Harlington/Hayes area the day before my flight, and have no car.

1 Like

Most of the airports have a covid testing centre. A test can be done and the results given within 15 minutes. Make sure the correct test is booked. The hard bit - it costs ÂŁ55.
Thank you for the timely reminder, I thought this was all stopped. We fly on 12th April from Scotland to US.

1 Like

Checkout Pre-departure - Covid Randox
You can book online, pickup all over UK, or have it delivered (extra cost).
You do the test yourself and submit photo of result via their app. They then send “fit to travel” certificate back on the app very quickly.
Less than ÂŁ15 for antigen. But you can get PCR tests too if required.
You can order in advance for delivery to address you are currently at, but do the test in the allotted time span.

9 Likes

Thanks Vanessa, that’s very useful information. I’ve taken a screenshot to keep for future use :pray:

2 Likes

I used Boots for the test when I returned to the US in September.

1 Like

Welcome Anita,
Our experience was we tested at the airport before going back to the US. I tested neg but my partner tested positive which was a total shock!! He had taken a lateral flow test the the day before and tested neg. We therefore had to cancel trip back to USA. When we got back here, he took a PCR and tested Negative! Turns out the test at the was a false positive so no! I would not recommend testing at an airport. A smaller test Center might mean less mistakes can be made

1 Like