Day time sitter questions

Hi! I’m new here and haven’t signed up yet as I’m trying to find a good solution for my situation coming up. I have a work trip that’ll be about 3 weeks long and while my pup has his dad to take care of him overnight, he is gone during the day for at least 10 hours. I work from home so this isn’t usually an issue. I’m having a hard time finding a trusted site (that is also affordable) for daytime care in my home as my dog doesn’t get along with other dogs. Is this something I can do on here and how does one go about this? There is also a possibility my dog’s dad could be able to work from home for a couple of days, though that’s still being worked out. I leave at the end of July (27th) so I’m trying to get this sorted out as soon as possible and figured this might be a good place to check if this site is a good fit for this situation! :smiley:

6 Likes

Do I understand correctly that your pup’s dad lives at the house? If so, THS is not an option. The way it works here is that the sitter benefits from free accommodation in exchange for home and pet care. No one else is allowed to be there during the sit. Sounds like you just need to pay for a sitter/walker to visit during the day.

4 Likes

Hello there @rrrrrrrrebe - welcome! THS is only for house and pet sits that include overnight accommodation as it’s free pet care in exchange for staying somewhere new. No money changes hands between sitter and owner. Other members might have some ideas for other dog walking sites for you. Where are you based?

2 Likes

Not sure where you are, but if you’re in the UK or Ireland, try Borrow my Doggy.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! Noted that this isn’t the best fit. I appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also, keep in mind, no one else can be at a TrustedHousesitters home during the sit. No coming and going by anyone else.

2 Likes

Depending on where you are use this app called WAG! I’m a dog walker and pet sitter on there. Pet owners can set times, dates, etc. I think it’s $45 for them to run a background on you (don’t quote me on the price it might’ve changed).

1 Like

There is an app and website called Rover which might work for day sits. As others have mentioned trusted requires overnight stays with no one else in the house. But Rover does dog day sit. You can select someone happy to sit puppies too.

1 Like