Does anyone feel like THS isn't worth it anymore?

Hi @BeckyOnTheHill

It looks like you’ve misunderstood what happened there - we don’t normally give detailed information about moderation decisions but in this instance I’ll explain.

The discussion post reached 1000 posts, meaning it was very hard for our members to read through, and understand what had previously been discussed. Many members were coming back with concerns that had already been raised.

Our message confirming that no further action would be taken around any feedback was also lost, leading to frustration from those who felt they hadn’t been heard. We decided to close the post and start a new discussion, with the old and new discussions being linked to each other. We also took the opportunity to confirm the outcome of the previous feedback that we had passed back to the team as it had got lost in the previous discussion.

I know you’ve already replied on the replacement thread I started after closing the older post, but just in case, I’m linking my explanation here which gives a full explanation about why we closed it and the purpose of the new post.

Just to be clear - we’ve not closed the original post to avoid any further discussion - and we’ve started a new one which is specifically for members to continue discussing their concerns. It’s just that we don’t have the power to make any further changes and need to set that expectation.

The Forum is a place for members to connect and chat about all sorts of issues relating to house sitting, and that includes discussing changes to the product which they might not be happy with, but the Forum team are here to look after the Forum and its members and as such don’t have the power to make changes to processes. We can only do our best to make everyone’s voices heard, and in this case, we’ve done all we can do but wanted to respect our member’s feelings by providing a safe space for discussion.

Jenny

2 Likes