Dog Thefts / Security / Thoughts / Advise?

With the recent spate of dog theft happening these days - even in broad daylight!! - I am considering removing all locations from my IG account (that is public) for added security for me and and the owners… also I’m thinking of buying some legal pepper spray or similar. I don’t think it’s safe these days to show where you are walking or staying.

Anyone else got any advise?

I thought this was a good read to pass along to sitters:

https://doghorn.uk/fight-back?fbclid=IwAR117-KZcj0D2DDJg3_qXl07DJlYdNydOGT2MdVqboO7X-0lk-PdcBft6o4#victim-before

1 Like

It’s really bad here in the UK and hopefully the laws in regards to the punishment of this will change - as there’s many people campaigning for this:

There’s been so many petitions for the past 2-3 years as this has risen exponentially - but so far the theft of an animal is STILL only regarded with the same severity (or rather lack of) as theft of an “object” no different to a phone or wallet.

I’ve never been an advocate of inject-able GPS trackers on humans (as seen in dystopian futuristic movies) but for pets I am all for it!

2 Likes

There is a certain group that leaves message for others.
By putting a marking on a wall or bin
Or putting twigs on the ground in a certain manner
Its letting them know whether its worth breaking into house.
Also a good bred of dog on the property .

2 Likes

Signed :dog2: claresitsdogs

2 Likes

2020 was the worst year for dog thefts in the UK with the pandemic increasing the demand for dogs and puppies, pushing up prices that people are willing to pay.

2 Likes