Dreaming of travel and housesits

Yep, I have happy thinking cap on. I like to hop and stop at different places.

It’s very close to a famous gorge with a cheese name in Somerset, England!!!

2 Likes

Yes, I while away hours dreaming of sits in unusual places. I have spent the last three years dealing with cancer, family deaths and then covid so I have dreamt of sits rather than doing sits, have only done two in that time period, but I still look nearly every day and hope of finding the perfect place, time frame and location.

3 Likes

It’s definitely therapeutic. I haven’t been facing anything like you but when I’m down it’s my pick me up. Better than anything a doctor could give me. Stay strong.

I also sit and read all the HO listings and dream of April 2022 when we pack up and leave the US for 5+ months. I’ve been retired since 12/19 and waiting patiently for my partner-in-crime to wrap up his career in Feb/Mar. 2022. We are counting down the days until we are on the road again!!!

5 Likes

Woohoo adventure ahead!
Where are you off to?

2 Likes

We love cruising, particularly transatlantic to Europe. Now that we have unlimited time, we’ve booked almost 2 months onboard, around the Mediterranean, before landing in Rome. We will be more than ready for some land vacation time and thought THS would be a great way to discover various local lifestyles. Before discovering this website last week, we’d planned to spend the summer months overseas. Can’t believe pet sitting offers so many amazing locations for our adventures!!!

4 Likes

oh how wonderful! I have not done a transatlantic yet but it is on the agenda. I did do an 11 day Mediterranean cruise out of Rome and back. It was breathtakingly absofab amazing. Spent a week in Civitavecchia and took a train into Rome. Afterwards took a quick flight and spent a week in Santorini.
It’s an incredible life. I wish you much joy and happiness in your new adventures.

2 Likes

Thank you-cruising is an amazing way to travel. We are accustomed to vacations that end with us rushing home to get back to work. This slower approach, will be an incredible change to our way of travel. We figure after visiting all those ports, we can decide where we’d like to spend an extensive period of time in the future.

2 Likes

Take it all in. At your own pace.
Enjoy every minute!

3 Likes